New Treasure Hunting Travel Channel Series

producercassie

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2017
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TREASURE HUNTING IN THE CARIBBEAN!

Hi all! My name is Cassie Boettcher and I'm a producer on a new Travel Channel series, Caribbean Pirate Gold.

We're looking to explore the Caribbean and send our hosts (Philippe Cousteau, the grandson of Jacques Cousteau, and his wife Ashlan) scuba diving in some great places to learn about potential buried treasure and the stories behind it. Currently focusing on the BAHAMAS but information on treasure ANYWHERE IN THE CARIBBEAN would be appreciated!

Edit: The show is only for learning experiences and we will not be doing any official treasure hunting. Just diving into the mysteries of treasure and legends of lost gold.

Feel free to comment here or send an email to [email protected] if you might have any insight. Thank you so much!

For more info on the show, check out this link: Caribbean Pirate Gold

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better pick a different location! The Bahamas still outlaw treasure hunting.

OP
OP
P

producercassie

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2017
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jason in Enid!

Since the show is for educational purposes only, we wouldn't be doing any official treasure hunting. Just diving into these mysteries of treasure and legends of lost gold. We'd love to meet people in these areas that are willing to share some knowledge with us.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would people give you information on findable treasures? I get that you aren't hunting/digging it up yourself, but wont that give your viewers a jumpstart on beating the already knowledgeable person to it? Sounds like a rather dumb thing to do imo.
Or is this a thing like Oak Island where no one actually expects to find anything?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aye, I can tell you about the silver bars hidden by me crew on Hopetown island in the Bahamas.. How much ale does ye have? :skullflag:

Attachments

• pirate.jpg
    pirate.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 96

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jason in Enid!

Since the show is for educational purposes only, we wouldn't be doing any official treasure hunting. Just diving into these mysteries of treasure and legends of lost gold. We'd love to meet people in these areas that are willing to share some knowledge with us.

So you are trying to produce a "treasure hunting" show where you will not be trying to find any treasure? What do you think you are going to dive on? This isn't like some shipwreck in the bottom of a fish tank. Real wrecks are often scattered over miles and if it is in one spot, the only thing you will find is a ballast pile (if thats not already buried in sand).

There is no treasure hunting without spending a huge amount of time (years) searching and then blowing holes in the sand just to see if the target is what you are looking for. Phillipe is all about the reefs and fish and whales, I can't see him doing something as mundane as treasure hunting.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
What is in it for the person that may have a lead on a treasure spot? Why would anyone give up information for a spot they may have spent years researching, so a guy with a famous grandfather can make a lot of money?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread