NEW Treasure Tracer v2.0 is out (freeware)

LowRider

Greenie
Feb 3, 2006
Georgia
Mike's Treasure Tracer v2.0 is ready I think

New in version 2.0! I gave the program a little face lift. Merged some functions, added some new little features through out the program. I was able to merge the find screen with the delete screen to save a bunch of memory. John Watson from Australia told me about a problem he had with adding and deleting find types to set up the program for Australian finds, it is now fixed John. A couple of guys said it was a great program but what about people that don't want to record each item found, they wanted to enter only the quantity found (like 5 quarters, 3 gold rings, 1 silver bracelet). So the biggest change this version was I added a module to handle this type of recording system. This is the type of recording that beach hunters would use. The next step is to add printing. If you would tell me what you want in a report then I can design it, Please, I'm begging you send me your wants of the information you want to see.

Because of a computer meltdown the program I use to create the install program doesn't work and won't install anymore so I have had to use a more limited install program. That means that you will have to do some work to upgrade the old database to the new database format so you will not lose any data already in the version 1 database. I apologise for this. Because I write freeware that anybody can use for free, I don't have money to pay $700 for a new installation creater. I have to use what I can get for free myself.

The link to the new version is:

http://home.comcast.net/~radwen1/MikesTreasureTracer.zip

Put this link in your internet browser and it will download the program. Enjoy!

Mike

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
It's a program for keeping track of your finds like a log but on a computer. I saw the first version before the upgrage and it was pretty good.

laralucine

Dec 27, 2004
S.E. PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab X-Terra 50
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike,
I'll install and convert from v1.0 and then give some feedback. I like the first version, it's a great idea and very generous of you to provide it free of charge!
thanks,
Lara

OP
OP
LowRider

LowRider

Greenie
Feb 3, 2006
Georgia
I write in Visual Basic v 6 pro. I do have the new VB.Net but have not play with it much yet.

Mike

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want it converted to vb 2005 let me know, i am a programmer analyst, and i write in vb 2005 currently. It would ease your installation issues as well, i have experienced that and there is no solution short of recoding the whole thing. After it's converted i can either wrap the whole thing in a win installer or just make the MSI files for ya.

if you have 2005 express, it doesn't convert as well as pro or team does, they took out a bunch of the nifty stuff to make the free version.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to be only geared towards people who detect beaches and don't find old coins.

OP
OP
LowRider

LowRider

Greenie
Feb 3, 2006
Georgia
The first version was aimed at the coin/relec/bottle hunters. Version 2 I added a module aimed at the beach hunter. It also has a hunt site database to store picture and includes drawing on the pictures and a database for keeping track of the detectors you own. Somebody said to add a database for battery data now, Got to add printing yet too.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions