New twist on the LDM.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

I have no doubts that you have many secrets that no one will ever hear of. There are plenty of places I have never seen, including one or two in the Superstitions. :)

As for archaeological sites, which is a big part of your story, I doubt there are any left in the Superstitions that are unknown. If you have a building, say with 25' high walls, I really don't think the place is any big secret.

I have a very good friend who was a Site Steward for the Superstitions, and don't believe there is any archaeological site that has not been seen......and photographed by him. There is not much that goes on in there, that he is not aware of.

While I no longer go into the mountains, I have many friends who go in.....year-round. My sources for activities in the range are probably better than most and not as good as some.

The more "details" you add to your story, the less believable it becomes. People out here value honesty in folks, more than anything else they can bring to the table. The longer you spin your yarns.......the less value you have as a person. Better to keep your "details"
to yourself.

Joe

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i agree, so did scott woods . i repeat there has not been any clams at the sites i requested permits for in the tiime that scott has worked for that office ...i know just what i am doing ...you think i should not post or reply ....OK

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
BB,
I am one of many people who enjoy reading your posts and do hope you will continue. I have been following your posts for a long time it doesn't matter weather I believe them or not they are always fun to read. You do make this forum interesting,for me this stuff is better than television .You have a fascinating story,keep it coming.
Bill

BILL96

Mar 29, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
LST
BB,
Yes, but reading your posts are a big reason to visit this forum, without them this place is really kind of slow.
Bill

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Bowman,

[Better to keep your "details" to yourself.]

If you take that as a suggestion that you stop posting, rather than a warning against "details", such as no longer needing your farm after "expedition 2" and claims of finding an "Archaeological Site", that's your call. I made no such suggestion and have no problem speaking for myself.

If I was not having a good time batting your story around, I wouldn't bother posting messages to you.

I have had access to many excellent aerial photographs of the Superstitions, many taken by myself from very low altitude. What you describe would show up like a big red flag. Many others have spent time taking the same type of pictures over the years.

Having said that......anything is possible. Strange that you saw the funnel from a plane at a much higher altitude, and it has remained hidden from much closer inspection. Seems to me that Glen Magill mentioned a dissapearing pit up on Bluff Spring Mountain.

If you are going to stop anything.....try dropping the primadonna act. I have been ripped up one side and down the other for YEARS. It comes from having strong opinions and knowing what you know. With the claims you are making, you had better develop a thick skin, or end up having actually found the LDM, the Tayopa, Aztec Treasure.....etc.

Joe

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i did ....you just dont know it yet !

your odds of spoting the pit from your helio is about 1,000,000 to 1 ... good luck ...

you and me may agree on one thing , haveing found the LDM dose not mean you have enough evidence to prove it.. or get the legal permits ...i will not stop till i get the legal permits and my clams are recorded ....and my finding the LDM in 1979 is part of history and is made fact ..

the only diffrence between the 1891 dutchman sighting , the 1959 sighting and my 1979 sighting is i am the only one left alive out of the 3 of us ...

its funny between the dutchman sighting and my sighting there was 88 years

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=cactusjumper you had better develop a thick skin, or end up having actually found the Tayopa.....etc.Joe

There is no way that he can find Tayopa in the Superstitions.

A) I already have it, titled etc. with complete proof. I own it to 2052 with the option of renewing the title agan..

B) it is precisely where it is supposed to be, in Chihuahua Mexico.

Sorry gentlemen.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=cactusjumper .]
I have had access to many excellent aerial photographs of the Superstitions, many taken by myself from very low altitude. What you describe would show up like a big red flag. Many others have spent time taking the same type of pictures over the years.

Having said that......anything is possible. Strange that you saw the funnel from a plane at a much higher altitude, and it has remained hidden from much closer inspection. Seems to me that Glen Magill mentioned a dissapearing pit up on Bluff Spring Mountain. Joe

© HI spiny butt, I certainly hope that they aren't Cholla. heheheh

Seriously, up at Tayopa, a prominent sign for one of the major deposits was a sun / circle on a cliff?? I must have looked for it for over a year. I questioned all of the Indians and lumber people in the region, no-one had the slightest idea of what I was talking about or had seen anything resembling it. The map was 100% correct in all other details, so, this sun / circle had to exist.

One day I was looking at a picture of the area, when I decided to start to separate the colors of the picture for better contrast, when I reached a certain frequency it suddenly penetrated the foliage that covered the area and there, as clear as possible, was the sun / circle. It was so obvious that one wonders how it could have been missed for so many centuries.. It was sooo big that simply standing on it would not give you a clue, a classic case of not seeing the tree because of the forest.

What they had done was to draw the sun / circle on the steep slope just in front of the small cliff. They did this by simply scraping out a circle down to bed rock perhaps 200 feet in dia with the lines perhaps 25 ft wide. One coming up the barranca in the right direction could not miss it, particularly in those days.!©

Incidentally no - one knows where it is except me and my family. snicker.

Don Jose de La Mancha

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
D.J.,

There is no comparison between your "sun/circle sign" and what Bowman saw from the window of a commercial airliner.

Actually, the "dissapearing pit" I mentioned was from chapter ten, which is the final chapter of Curt Gentry's book about Glen Magill's adventures in: "The Killer Mountains". I have two copies of the book, one being a signed first edition which Gentry presented to his mother. Nice little one page letter in the front of the book.

The pit in question was seen by Magill, and was on the west face of Bluff Spring Mountain, a short distance south of their camp. The page preceding 119 has a map showing Magill's "key landmarks", and the pit's (approximate) location is show there. Anyone thinking of taking a look, would be well advised to know something about technical climbing, and have some equipment. I would not be inclined to play on the west face of that mountain.

My opinion is that the final chapter was filled with B.S. to create some excitement. Others may have another opinion. Chapter 10 was labeled "The Vanishing Pit".

Joe

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=cactusjumper
There is no comparison between your "sun/circle sign" and what Bowman saw from the window of a commercial airliner.

HI CJ, actually there is, not in the physical appearance perhaps, but in that may times the obvious is hidden due to preconceived ideas or simply not seeing what is in front of you.

This is not actually deviating from the thread, but why was / is it that after almost 400 years, apparently only I have found Tayopa - despite BJ's remarks? Many had the same basic information that I had?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI again CJ:

© In another case, early one morning My wife and I were taking pictures of the Tayopa canyon when she exclaimed "look, that looks like a skull". Sure enough the early sun had painted in "bias relief" the classic image of a skull on one of the opposite cliffs. The eyes and nose were clearly delineated, the mouth was the curious thing. it was a wide low roofed cave with a low stone wall in front. Many parts of which had fallen over the centuries giving it the appearance of a gap toothed smile.

This only lasted for a few minute then it disappeared. It was impossible to see this again, even though we knew exactly where to look for it. This was the only time that we / or anyone ever saw it. Later I found that it only happened for 2 - 3 days a year during the rising early morning sun.

It was a very important sign for a large treasure, and also the hiding place of the Apache, in those days. I learned this from the descendent's.

(long story here, but not for this thread)

I casually mentioned this at the nearby village and was besieged by people wanting to know exactly where it was, for some reason I never could remember. snicker.

So perhaps, just perhaps, the same thing applies to this funnel?©

Don Jose de La Mancha

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BURGER KING---home of the--------.
or maybe,wait,wait----Rodney "I don't get no Respect" King.
Sorry,I just got no self control.
SH.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
S.H.,

That would be Rodney "Can't we all just get along" King. You are thinking of Rodney Dangerfield. Sheeeeesh!!!

By the way.......Don't think I have no appreciation for the genius of your "BURGER KING---home of the--------." comment. I bet even Bowman smiled. :)

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Rodney "Can't we all just get along" King."---Joe you ARE Priceless,and obviously well-rounded--as in "knowlegable" as well.I honestly wondered if that one had been wasted when I hit Post. ;D
I hope that The Bowman's absence is only temporarily temporal ,and that he will return soon.
A toast to all:SH

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Blindbowman's sequel to Up In Smoke---
--"Expedition Three:High Mines Drifter"
Suck,hold,blow,cough
I need another drink---SH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread