New user in Pensacola

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi i,m a new user in Pensacola and have some questions about detecting in the city limits. I used to work for the city and know you can't detect downtown because of the historical areas.but what about the city parks? I want to try some of the older parks to look for old silver, but i don't want to get a ticket for hunting.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I have been hunting them and no one has said anything, you as you said can't hunt like the little park by the musuem and arts buildings, the center of palafox, etc . Some are not the best at night. I always take care in my hole cutting like I use a towel to make sure my filled in holes are clean and look pretty much like before I dug.

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Welcome to the forum Bighead, if you are hunting for old silver I would reccommend that you head over to Bay View Park up off of 19th Ave. It's been around since the mid 1880's and you can hunt there. I've pulled old silver out of there this past year.The parks that are in the Historic District of downtown Pensacola I would strongly reccomend that you stay clear of them. Hope this helps out. Continued Success and HH.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Thought I was the only one that knew of that park hidden up with all those houses ;) lol. Didn't know it was that old. I was there the other day and they had torn up some of the old parking lot and cobblestone road by the community center. I swept through it but didn't find anything. Been meaning to get back before they pave over it all again.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
BigHead you might want to check out the club in Pensacola, bunch of great folks and they sometimes get permission to hunt off limit places the normal regular folks don't. Call Rosemary with Jazko 456-6182. They'd love to have you and are always hunting somewhere or if you like you can tag with me when you like but I usually only hunt during the middle of the week right now while that other hunting season is open taking up my weekends.

OP
OP
BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD

Jan 5, 2008
Pensacola,Fla
Detector(s) used
,MXT 300, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys thanks for all the help!!! I work shift work so I get days off in the middle of the week and weekends so I can try these places while most people are working. I found my first piece of jewelry at a ballpark the other day, just a little baseball pendent. I don't know if it's silver or not, but my daugter has already laid claim to it. I will post Pics soon.
HH BIGHEAD

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your looking for something that leaves the least amount of visible sign you were digging, try this out. I use it for all my parks and playground hunting. Most times there will be no sign you were there once you stamp the ground back down.....Called the EZ-Digr-II

Maximum size hole dug is 7/8 to 1 1/4 inch, if your off a little on your pinpoint you just angle it off a little, keeping the original surface hole size. I use mine combined with the Pocket Uniprobe.... ;)

ezdigrII.jpg

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
10-4 good luck to ya, girl at the club last night brought a nice diamond ring in that she found in a neighborhood park. So keep swinging

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Hey Guys,

We should all get together for a hunt sometime. I know of a few interesting areas.

Pcolaboy

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Lost But Not Forgotten said:
Bridge End Farm said:
give me a hollar sometime I swing with ya

I'm going to go this weekend on Pcola beach to see if I can dig up some memorial day loot. ;D

good luck I was there the last 2 days and found clad. Jelly fish are present and got me a few times in the water, I did learn they have a open concert every Monday night out there and it was full of folks in lawn chairs just relaxingon the beach . Found a little over 12 bucks tuesday morning there in change :thumbsup: lots of bottle caps to shift through :-[

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Lost But Not Forgotten said:
Bridge End Farm said:
give me a hollar sometime I swing with ya

I'm going to go this weekend on Pcola beach to see if I can dig up some memorial day loot. ;D

Short of wearing a hazmat suit, I steer clear of Pcola Beach for a couple of weeks after Memorial Day weekend ;D The Sun does a great job of sterilizing things. I'm sure there is certainly alot to be found by you guys in the meantime. :o

Pcola

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wet suit or Rash Guard shirt will stop those jelly fish stings.....

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Unrelated to the recent Memorial Day events at the beach, when the jellyfish and portuguese man-o-war get bad, we used to put nylon stockings (yes panty hose) around our legs, and arms when surfing. Seriously...they work.

Pcola

robberry

Feb 6, 2008
Central California, Now NW Florida!
Detector(s) used
EX2 with X-1 Sun Ray Probe
pcolaboy said:
Hey Guys,

We should all get together for a hunt sometime. I know of a few interesting areas.

Pcolaboy

I know I've messaged Bridge about this, but I'm moving out there in July from California and I'll take ya up on that offer! I'll keep in touch til then. Robert

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
robberry said:
pcolaboy said:
Hey Guys,

Pcolaboy

I know I've messaged Bridge about this, but I'm moving out there in July from California and I'll take ya up on that offer! I'll keep in touch til then. Robert

Robberry,
Somehow I missed the message so first I wish to apologize for not replying to you on it. I honestly don't remember it, mmmm they say the mind is the first to go too :( . I would be happy and honored to hunt with anyone taking them to a spot I have or just hitting something new.

I did ask folks on the post about that legend tale of the hidden cache on Perdido River if they wanted to search for it, but don't think I got a response to it. I know of another one on Yellow River here but have not yet found the markings for the trail .

Anyway I am deeply sorry for not replying back to you.

robberry

Feb 6, 2008
Central California, Now NW Florida!
Detector(s) used
EX2 with X-1 Sun Ray Probe
Bridge End Farm said:
robberry said:
pcolaboy said:
Hey Guys,

Pcolaboy

Robberry,
Somehow I missed the message so first I wish to apologize for not replying to you on it. I honestly don't remember it, mmmm they say the mind is the first to go too :( . I would be happy and honored to hunt with anyone taking them to a spot I have or just hitting something new.

I did ask folks on the post about that legend tale of the hidden cache on Perdido River if they wanted to search for it, but don't think I got a response to it. I know of another one on Yellow River here but have not yet found the markings for the trail .

No worries Bridge. I'll take YOU up on that offer. I look at it as a good way to break me in, "Florida" style!!! :tongue3:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
robberry said:
Bridge End Farm said:
robberry said:
pcolaboy said:
Hey Guys,

Pcolaboy

Robberry,

No worries Bridge. I'll take YOU up on that offer. I look at it as a good way to break me in, "Florida" style!!! :tongue3:

Ok your on for a hunt, I am working on a florida hunt now with a land owner. I do have a question for you.

Are you moving to Panama City, Fort Walton, or Pensacola?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions