What's new

new whats it well sort of

justinsas

Greenie
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hey guys Im pretty sure that this is a heel plate but what I was woundering is if any one could help me date it or give any other info... also check out my site http://www.squidoo.com/Metal-Detecting-1
 

Attachments

  • DSC00200.webp
    DSC00200.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC00201.webp
    DSC00201.webp
    982 bytes · Views: 396
If it is big enough to fit your normal boot heel, it probably is one that appears to be calked for extra traction, like for a logger or someone Bob
 
Upvote 0
Nice heel plate! I'd say a good estimate of age would be mid to late 1800s. I'm going with a bit later (the mid-1800s ones usually have a cutout in the shape of a heart, star, diamond, or clover).


Regards,



Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Yes, a heel plate used for getting more traction or holding power....
 
Upvote 0
Very nice heel plate I have not seen one like that thanks for posting!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom