What's new

new whites coinmaster gt noob question

Janglin Jack

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
so I took my new coinmaster gt down to the beach today and I apparently didn't do something right. I was getting false readings left and right despite my switching to beach mode and putting the trac lock on. I'm sure this is a simple noob error and hoping somebody can help out. I'm not sure if this is a detector specific question or not. there seems to be a lot more to this than meets the eye.
 
Upvote 0
It should be stable in the dry sand but will probably false too much to use it in the wet sand. Pretty typical of that machine.
 
U could try to turn the sensitivity all the way down, but it will still probably false still. The coinmaster gt is a single frequency machine so it does not do well in salt or heavily mineralized soils. U should be fine in the dry sand, but in the wet sand it will be tough. Multi frequency or pi machines are the way to go in the saltwater wet sand.
 
If you are a fan of Saturday Night Live (SNL) you will love this YOUTUBE video on the coinmaster
 
thanks all for your help I decided instead of getting discouraged I'm just going to stick more with regular soil for now and pick myself up a Garrett pinpointer too help me in my quest for fortune and glory. and then after I pull enough pull tabs perhaps I'll upgrade my machine :p
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom