What's new

New Years Day Hunt

1AB Hunter

Full Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
208
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brownsville KY
I was able to get out for a few hours this afternoon found a few broken and my largest artifact I have ever found.All in all looks like it could be a good year. Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2057.webp
    IMG_2057.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2058.webp
    IMG_2058.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2059.webp
    IMG_2059.webp
    32 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
That sure looks like a very nice knife. Well done. :icon_thumleft:
 
It’s likely a long shot, but I’d look closely where you found that big one. There might be a few more like it buried in a cache. If it was a field find, I’d use a probe (bottle probe, piece of rebar, even a long screw driver) to poke around in the dirt. If it was a creek find, I’d carefully check up and down creek and the banks to see where it washed out.
 
Nice finds. Congrats
 
Nice finds , that big one is awesome ..... what material is that flint ? Great start to the year ,I’m itching to get out
 
Nice piece of flint! Congrats
 
It’s likely a long shot, but I’d look closely where you found that big one. There might be a few more like it buried in a cache. If it was a field find, I’d use a probe (bottle probe, piece of rebar, even a long screw driver) to poke around in the dirt. If it was a creek find, I’d carefully check up and down creek and the banks to see where it washed out.
It was found at a Construction site on top of a ridge. I probably will go back with a probe thats a good idea. Thanks
 
Very, very nice find.

How thick is the relic?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom