Evolution
Gold Member
- Joined
- Aug 2, 2007
- Messages
- 5,285
- Reaction score
- 2,483
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Upstate NY
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a house that was built in 1840 today. Found a few interesting things which I was happy with because the owner said it had been hunted before. Got three different nickels... a buffalo, a 1944 S silver war nickel, and an 1867 shield nickel. Also found a nice New York State seal Excelsior button.



Found a nice glass faced bridle rosette in the side yard.

Dug a watch in the front yard as my last dig of the day. The brand name is Waltham. It was so heavy I was thinking gold when it came up. It was certainly shining like gold fresh out of the ground but upon further examination its definitely gold plated.

Here's a compilation pic of the finds for the day plus a couple snapshots I took from this gentleman's side yard. He has a heck of a view.




Found a nice glass faced bridle rosette in the side yard.

Dug a watch in the front yard as my last dig of the day. The brand name is Waltham. It was so heavy I was thinking gold when it came up. It was certainly shining like gold fresh out of the ground but upon further examination its definitely gold plated.

Here's a compilation pic of the finds for the day plus a couple snapshots I took from this gentleman's side yard. He has a heck of a view.

Upvote
10
I will always hunt a permission even though they tell me it was hunted in the past. Found my 1st silver at a permission like that. The coin was an 1875 seated dime. The property was hunted by 5 different individuals in the previous 4 years.








