:newbie:Another AT PRO user here.

g1moore1

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2010
HAINES CITY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO w/stock coil, ACE 250 w/stock coil and 4" Sniper Coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Hi, all I just got my AT Pro in today and got to swing it in the yard about 10 minutes before dark. I feel like I already got the hang of it as i have read the manual 3 times. Didn't dig anything as I was just trying to get a feel of the sounds but I sure did hit a couple of spots that were giving me readings of 10+ inches, will check them out tomorrow maybe at lunch time. I have gone over my 1.25 acre lot with my Ace 250 for over a year now and have found a couple of Mercury Dimes and a lot of Wheaties. Buddy of mine came over and dug a Silver Quarter about 8" deep with his Fisher F75 and that quickly inspired me to get a better machine. Don't get me wrong i love my Ace 250 to death, i still think it's the best 0 to 4" coin vacuum ever made until I prove myself wrong but it's the AT Pro's turn to get the 6" and deeper stuff I've missed. I live in a 90 year old huge 3 story home that has a lot of family history behind it and is also a historical landmark in this area i far as I'm concerned. I know I've only scratched the surface of what this place has hiding in the earth here. On a side note and i believe it's ok to plug a dealer on this site I hope, that Kristy at Detector Depot was a pleasure doing business with and the service was top notch. Also my buddy is going to come over with his F75 LTD and we are going to do some spot comparisons to see how good the AT fairs against his beast. I'll try to keep yall updated on my progress and look forward to sharing my stories and finds in this well put together forum (this place has every fricken thing ;D).

Thanks, Gerald

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Congratulations on getting the AT Pro. You should have a short learning curve, as you already know the ACE 250, which is similar to the standard mode on the AT Pro.

Best of luck to the both of you and have a Merry Christmas :hello2:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet :headbang:
We are looking forward to hearing about your digs with the ATpro. Ya have a good spot there.
With my AT Pro, I'm finding a lot of targets in the 6" to 10" + deep range, in places I have hunted before with other machines. HH Extractor :coffee2:

wltdwiz

Jul 6, 2008
Arizona
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Vanquish
Minelab SDC 2300
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
AQUA TRACKER
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
nokta /makro pulse dive
blue nemo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your gonna love it :thumbsup:
i do
its a deepseeking detector & it loves deep nickles :headbang:
heres the first days find with mine worked out park lol
good hunting

g1moore1 said:
Hi, all I just got my AT Pro in today and got to swing it in the yard about 10 minutes before dark. I feel like I already got the hang of it as i have read the manual 3 times. Didn't dig anything as I was just trying to get a feel of the sounds but I sure did hit a couple of spots that were giving me readings of 10+ inches, will check them out tomorrow maybe at lunch time. I have gone over my 1.25 acre lot with my Ace 250 for over a year now and have found a couple of Mercury Dimes and a lot of Wheaties. Buddy of mine came over and dug a Silver Quarter about 8" deep with his Fisher F75 and that quickly inspired me to get a better machine. Don't get me wrong i love my Ace 250 to death, i still think it's the best 0 to 4" coin vacuum ever made until I prove myself wrong but it's the AT Pro's turn to get the 6" and deeper stuff I've missed. I live in a 90 year old huge 3 story home that has a lot of family history behind it and is also a historical landmark in this area i far as I'm concerned. I know I've only scratched the surface of what this place has hiding in the earth here. On a side note and i believe it's ok to plug a dealer on this site I hope, that Kristy at Detector Depot was a pleasure doing business with and the service was top notch. Also my buddy is going to come over with his F75 LTD and we are going to do some spot comparisons to see how good the AT fairs against his beast. I'll try to keep yall updated on my progress and look forward to sharing my stories and finds in this well put together forum (this place has every fricken thing ;D).

Thanks, Gerald

Attachments

• at pro 1.JPG
    at pro 1.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 525
OP
OP
g1moore1

g1moore1

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2010
HAINES CITY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO w/stock coil, ACE 250 w/stock coil and 4" Sniper Coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Using AT PRO found a 59 silver Rosie and a 53 wheat about 10" down in soft sand around an old tree in my yard. The dime hit at a solid 83 and the wheat hit at a solid 81. I have been around that tree many times with my ACE 250, guess they were down too deep. Decided to go to a spot near my house that is just riddled with nails and iron which gives me a hard time with my 250 even with the sniper coil on and darned if i didn't find a 77 penny under a bunch of rusty nails about 3" down. I was hunting on Pro mode 0 with iron disc at 25 when I got the sound of a high blip which I was able to get repeatedly by wiggling the coil tightly, TID numbers were all over the board but that high tone was unmistakable. Guess I'll get back to work on cleaning that area up again ;D. Also i mentioned in my first post about comparing the AT with my buddies F75 LTD so I finally got to go over to his place and do a few basic air tests out side and I will say that I am very proud of the results. The most impressive thing that we both agreed on was the unmasking capabilities of the AT PRO. Long story short is that I'm glad i bought this machine instead of some of the 1000.00+ machines that i really wanted at first :laughing7:.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 494

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
thanks for the review, i think i see an AT pro added to my collection in the future. i think maybe i'll wait a year or so for the prices to drop and then sell my backup detector(gta 1000), i like the fact that its waterproof(up to 10') so i wouldn't have to baby it on rainy days or at the beach

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this post is making me itch........Thanks for the reports guys, keepem coming......

OP
OP
g1moore1

g1moore1

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2010
HAINES CITY
Detector(s) used
Only got to detect in the yard for about 20 min. before it got dark but i found what i believe is a little silver spoon and some kind of brass foot off of something. Spoon rang in at a 77 and the brass foot at an 81. Was hunting in pro mode 0 at 35 iron disc at 2 notches below max sensitivity. One thing i did notice about my detector that some other members are reporting is the falsing you can make the detector do if you wiggle the coil fast. This does not bother me at all because i don't detect that way but i did notice that i can make that falsing completely go away no matter how fast i wiggle the coil. All i did was lower the sensitivity down 2 notches from max and set my iron resolution at 35. Not sure if that just only worked for today and not tomorrow or not. Now i perfer to hunt on a 25 iron resolution at max sensitivity myself but was wondering if anyone else tried different settings to stop the falsing. Personally i don't mind this at all because my buddie's Fisher does the exact same thing when he wiggles the coil. I will just wait and see if this is some kind of real bug that needs attention or if it is just because the AT Pro I have is just that hot of a machine ;D. Either way I'm sure Garrett will address if it is a flaw but as of right now I love this machine the way its working for me and my new finds are proving it :headbang: My settings i hunted with today were:

Pro mode 0
Iron resolution 35
Iron audio off - Turned on when i got a short high blip to make sure I was hearing the whole picture at times because of running on 35 disc.
Ground balance at 61
Frequency on 3

Attachments

• photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 405

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've got one coming in. Supposed to pick it up on Dec. 24 from my local dealer. A member of our club brought his to the meeting and just air testing it with coins and nails impressed the heck out of several of us. You could hold the nail between the coin and the coil and still get a decent signal. Then you could discriminate out the nail and get a nice signal on the coin. Won't be surprised to see the AT Pro in the hands of several members within a few months. I have some areas I can't wait to hit. I'm only accustomed to White's machines, the XLT in particular, but I also want a machine to take into the water and is also easy to use and light (little over 3#) so my 5 year old son can join his dad for some hunts or I can have a machine to share with friends or landowners.

OP
OP
g1moore1

g1moore1

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2010
HAINES CITY
Detector(s) used
Didn't get to do any detecting today but i did have time to mod my arm rest. All i did was cut off a piece of an old paint pole and it fit tight and perfect over the shaft of the AT PRO. I didn't tamper with the actual detector and if I have to take the extender off for some reason all I have to do is paint the scuff marks from putting the extender on. I did not secure it with the bolt that I see on most of the ones I see on here because it is on good but if it does start to wiggle some time I'll just drill another hole in the pipe and put the bolt through. I wrapped with electrical tape to for extra hold and looks. Guess I fit in the category of cheap a** ;D. My next thing I might try is to put an ankle weight or one of those diving lead weights under the arm rest to see if I get better balance now. I can't believe how much better the detector feels just buy bringing out the arm rest closer to my elbow.

Attachments

• Cheap Mod.jpg
    Cheap Mod.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 387

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
dogpound said:
thanks for the review, i think i see an AT pro added to my collection in the future. i think maybe i'll wait a year or so for the prices to drop and then sell my backup detector(gta 1000), i like the fact that its waterproof(up to 10') so i wouldn't have to baby it on rainy days or at the beach

"waterproof (up to 10')". Was wondering about that. Thanks for posting the info.

This is one unit that is high on my wish list.

Ray S ECenFL

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"waterproof (up to 10')". Was wondering about that. Thanks for posting the info.

This is one unit that is high on my wish list.

Ray S ECenFL
[/quote]

Santa delivered mine a couple of days ago, haven't had a chance to get out and try it. Family issues are preventing me from getting out for much time. All I've done is air test. I love how you can descriminate out iron trash and still get a good signal for gold and such. One of the selling points was that it is waterproof to 10', so I can hit the beach and lakes next summer and try to find some of the good stuff in the water. Also going to hit some relic sites soon!

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the first new detector, I have really been excited about in a long time, it seems too good to be true...Affordable, Waterproof, and has decent depth....WOW.......I sure hope income tax gets here soon.........I have been just dying to try some old fresh water swimming holes, and such.......Wish it was spring already......Keep the reports coming in guys........

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and keep the posts coming

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread