Newbie here, first good score!

bensonsaidso

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright so like the title says I'm new to this coin roll hunting thing. I looked through probably $100 with of nickels and dimes a few days ago and found a couple keepers. So today I figured I'd go after half dollars so I called all my bank's nearby branches and got a hold of one that had 31 rolls. So I went and bought all of them. My findings are as follows. 5 1966s, 15 1967s, 4 1968s, 4 1969s!! I'm officially hooked and happy hunting all!

Edit* I forgot to say also first dream roll! 20 came from one roll and 8 from another!

Attachments

• 20150902_171542.jpg
    20150902_171542.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
That is a great start!!! Keep your location here on the Net on the down-low... you don't want silver fiends moving in on your turf.

Congrats, fellow newb! Ain't it a rush when you see all that buttery silver in one roll? Keep up the good work!

Ya, your hooked. Congrats on that great find. HH and keep stacking.

Too, you should go back to that bank where you bought the halves and see if the same person turned in any other coin! Never know. Maybe little Johnny the 28 year old tweaker that stole his granddads collection has the quarters, dimes and nickels rolled up by now. I always blame tweakers. Can't see any logical person turning in their own collections. Who knows??

Nice score. I gotta find time to go bank surfin'!

Thanks Dave I'll keep that in mind

Spaceman - my adrenaline was going for sure! I couldn't believe it.

I did go back to the bank but they didn't remember who had brought them in and if they brought anything else. I assume it was a fellow hunters mistake or like you said, some tweaker or other scumbag stole it from a collector and cashed it in cause the roll was marked in pen with exactly what was in it.

A few months ago I walked out of a bank with 2 cwr that were marked 1967-1968. That's what was in the rolls. You never know what you are going to find. Its all being in the right place at the right time.
Congrats!!

I bet a collector passed away and his family members turned in all the coins he had collected. They probably had no idea that they were turning in silver coins. They just were cleaning out his estate and everything went to the easiest place to turn something in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back