Newbie here with Questions

Captain145

Jul 23, 2011
Hello everyone

I have off during the winter because of my job up north shuts down,
so I'm heading down to FT Myers Florida for the winter to do some camping/Fishing and MD for the first time
Is FT Myers a good beach to MD?
what is better for beach MD'ing, west coast or east coast?

5 Months to play in the sun
can't wait!

My question is
what does everyone do with the coins they find?
or rings they find if you can't find the owners?
How do you try and find the owner?
Do you sell them at a pawn shop?
coin shops?
keep them?
I'm divorced and no GF at this time so no one to give them too
So what do I do with all the goodies I will find?

I always wondered if someone can really make a living MD'ing full time
maybe doing 5 hrs a day everyday or more
so I guess i will find out when i get to FT Myers
it should be a blast trying anyways

I'm not really trying to make a living off MD'ing, I do have cash in the bank to last my 5 months off so no problem with that
I want to try it for just a adventure and the fun of it
what's not to like about spending 5 or 6 hrs a day on the beach playing in the sand and watching all the EYE CANDY while digging for gold.

maybe i can find a chest of gold and retire for good in Florida
wishful thinking but what the hell, I can dream right :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the Info

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey captain145 and welcome! :hello:

You should do good and enjoy Ft Myers area a lot! I love the Rv park right on Ft Myers Beach, (red coconut park, i think name of it).
Remember, you can also go to Naples, out to Sanibel, up to Port Charlotte area and above. There's a lot of area, and a lot of other detectors over there, (i'm on east coast of fl.)

Oh, I'd be fishing for snapper and grouper too! (sorry I have a favorite palm tree I lean back on with fishing pole, at Four Winds Marina condos! them fish catch themselves, when I doze off! GO FIGURE! hehehehe)) And fish for anything else that might bite too!
Matlacha and Pine Isalnd areas, are amongst my favorite hangouts, when we fish Boca Grande Pass!
Got google earth? Oughtta check it out, dude!

Much luck and love to you, on your new adventure. But, please do remember, if you are trying to make a living at this, you will probably, like me or most, qualify for welfare and foodstamps! LOL!
Use the ugly money for parking meters and vending machines, (they don;t care if it's ugly money), throw the rest in a bucket, spend it, have fun!
I'll be more than happy, to give you 10%, errr, 20%,, errr, WELL, more than the pawn shop, for all your gold! LOL! Keep us posted and good luck!

OP
OP
Captain145

Captain145

Jul 23, 2011
Hello pat-tekker-cat

Thanks for the great info
I will have to check out the RV Park on F Myers beach
that sounds great, I do love to camp out!
Is sanibel close to FM?
I do ebay a lot so i also want to hunt for shark teeth and i heard sanibel is a great place to find them
as for making a living, it will be fun trying but money is in the bank so no promblem with that
Thanks again

pat-tekker-cat said:
Hey captain145 and welcome! :hello:

You should do good and enjoy Ft Myers area a lot! I love the Rv park right on Ft Myers Beach, (red coconut park, i think name of it).
Remember, you can also go to Naples, out to Sanibel, up to Port Charlotte area and above. There's a lot of area, and a lot of other detectors over there, (i'm on east coast of fl.)

Oh, I'd be fishing for snapper and grouper too! (sorry I have a favorite palm tree I lean back on with fishing pole, at Four Winds Marina condos! them fish catch themselves, when I doze off! GO FIGURE! hehehehe)) And fish for anything else that might bite too!
Matlacha and Pine Isalnd areas, are amongst my favorite hangouts, when we fish Boca Grande Pass!
Got google earth? Oughtta check it out, dude!

Much luck and love to you, on your new adventure. But, please do remember, if you are trying to make a living at this, you will probably, like me or most, qualify for welfare and foodstamps! LOL!
Use the ugly money for parking meters and vending machines, (they don;t care if it's ugly money), throw the rest in a bucket, spend it, have fun!
I'll be more than happy, to give you 10%, errr, 20%,, errr, WELL, more than the pawn shop, for all your gold! LOL! Keep us posted and good luck!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
improve3e.gif

Attachments