newbie in DE

MFish

Mar 22, 2016
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I just moved to lower DE ( by Long Neck) and have always had a fascination with Treasure hunting and metal detecting but have never tried either out. My father has a Whites Beachhunter 300 metal detector he is allowing me to use. I tried it out for the first time today just in a small area of grass outside the house. I found a small lead ball, nails, old crushed can, and some sort of heavy old handle. I plan to take it out tomorrow to a few spots but am still very green. I read the manual that came with it but still have no idea how to really use it, I pretty much dig anytime I get a hit, and don't know how to determine what kind of metal it's hitting or really how to adjust it. I set it exactly how it said to in the manual, and like I said, it did work and I was able to unearth a few items. I guess I just need some time and practice. If anyone has any tips or knows this model and has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.
Anyway, I'm excited to start!! I've been on this site plenty of times before signing up today and hope to be able to learn as much as I can.
Thanks in advance
MFish

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Delaware for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboaed to TNET MFish - keep at it and you will be on your way & if you need help with your machine you can ask I sure there is someone on the NET that can assist. Very addictive hobby and wish you many great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet! The Whites Beach Hunter ID 300 is designed for water hunting, but will work on land. I recommend you dig the green (coins/silver) and yellow (gold, aluminum) lights. The red lights indicate iron, so that will be usually nails. Good luck on your searches!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread