What's new

Newbie, sharing pics of finds WOW,, MXT thanks for the great machine!

musclecar

Full Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
132
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hi All,, here are the pics of finds with my new MXT,,, as promised:)
 

Attachments

  • indianpenny.webp
    indianpenny.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 606
  • butterflysilver.webp
    butterflysilver.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 595
  • buttons.webp
    buttons.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 638
  • insulator.webp
    insulator.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 630
  • mercdime.webp
    mercdime.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 581
  • silverwing.webp
    silverwing.webp
    19 KB · Views: 650
Upvote 0
all great finds there,,,, i like how the butterfly is marked (silver) i never saw that before,,,
 
Very nice Civil war button, IH is also in great shape........Welocme to the forum! HH
 
Welcome, Muscles. ;)

Really nice finds. I especially like the wings. Tell us where you found some of them.
 
Lets put a little importance on the wings. Liaison pilot, WWII. Many were pilots who had washed out of regular flight training, after they had soloed, and had been given the opportunity to b ecome liaison pilots. Their flight training was about 60 hrs and stressed such procedures as short field landings and takeoffs. Many flew spotter airplains, unarmored and unarmed. Also photo and intelligence missions. Took a lot of gumption to be in that business at that time. HH Stan...
 
Awesome finds, I see you are in Idaho as well.............I think you are in my hunting spot buddy! LOL Just kidding, plenty of room for both of us. Now then, WHERE are you hunting exactly?? ;D
 
Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. Snorton, thanks for the info on the silver wings (marked "sterling" on the reverse). I wondered what exactly the "L" stood for, now I know ;D. Mona and Mighty, I live in Nampa, and hunt the surrounding areas :D. Research, and friends point me to old buildings that have been torn down, and parks are nice with the MXT. I spend some time at the library too. Thanks ALL for your encouragement and back pats!

Musclecar

PS: I am posting a "what is it" tonight,,,, old mini camera or something
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom