Newbie with Dig Pics

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, ORX, White's XLT, AT Gold for Fresh Water
Hey Guys,
Somehow I've overlooked this Relic forum, looks cool to me. I posted this stuff in the regular Whites forum, but there seems to be a lack of Cw Relic interest there......but make a post about pulltabs or wheatbacks and get 300 hits with many replys, I

OP
OP
Fredneck

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
I......messed up is what I did, OOPS :D Anyway maybe thats not the forum for me. What I bring to the table is 15 years of experience diggin relics, and lots of Whites Spectrum knowledge for anyone in need of tips or 2nd opinions, and pics of stuff coming out the ground. I look forward to seeing your relics as well...I can aprecciate any kind of relic....Indian artifacts, Housite relics and of course my favorite Civil War relics. I persue all mentioned myself. Got some pics of my last weeks diggins at a camp under construction. Never usually dig this much but this place was really thick and overgrown. The Musket Rifle, which happened to be my first gun, after many teases of one, came out of a trash pit with the ink and liquer bottle and a handfull of bullets and stuff. Sorry , been to busy, this stuff still needs a cleaning. 2 KG ll coppers, 1857 Seated(she'll clean up) some Eagles, Eagle I's, and State seal N.Y's . Hope you enjoy the pics and Good Luck in your Digs.

Thanks for looking, Dave

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 441
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 425
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 414
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 416
M

mattjd

WOW! Those are really nice digs! Love that seated dime. What state you detecting in? You'll find that if you post your finds under Todays Finds or Best Finds, you'll get a lot more veiwers, and a lot more replies.

Welcome to the forum!

Matt

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Welcome Dave,I'm with you on the relics,puts you more in touch with the past and the folks of long ago.Matt said it TODAYS FINDS is where its at.Look forward to what you bring to the forum, (NONE BETTER).HH

OP
OP
Fredneck

Fredneck

May 7, 2005
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the Welcome , cool beans.

Dave

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Thats all you have found? Id rather see some wheaties, or pulltabs ?:D/ Just kidding! ?:D Cool finds man, postem in the todays finds thats usually where most of the traffic is at. :D Good luck on your next hunt, looks like you have some GREAT luck thus far. Post some more pics ?:)

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
now thats what Im talking about wahoo.Man congrats on the musket,you dont find them very every day.Pull tabs and buck backs..what are those? :)
Do I see a .69 minie in there also? And that .36 teardrop are also sweet finds bud.Nice going.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
fascinating stuff! this may seem like a dumb question but im gonna ask anyway. why do you suppose the musket was in a trash pit? ive read another story where three muskets were found all in the same hole.....as if they were intentionally buried that way.why do you think that is?were a lot of the firearms used in the war disposed of in this manner?at any rate thanks for the great post.this kind of stuff never ceases to amaze me.

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living in Michigan, I don't find Civil War relics but I'm a buff, particularly of Gettysburg as many of my ancestors are from that immediate area. I love to see relic posts like yours and look forward to more.

I also swing a White's Spectrum and it does have a rather long learning curve. I find programming it and getting the right combination of settings to be a daunting task at times. Welcome, JG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread