Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-304488906.jpg

So I bought only 2 dollars worth of pennies today and found 4 wheats I got skunked on $20 worth of dimes but this makes up for it

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only $2? What are you waiting for man. Get out there and get some boxes.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME!!! I love wheat pennies, i have $100 worth of pennies waiting to be searched right as I type.

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
I'm a newbie too. When you say box, does that mean you go into a bank and ask for 50 rolls of pennies? Is there a typically a limit to the number of rolls a bank would dispense to a customer? Lastly, do you increase your odds of finding wheaties if you get a roll from one venue compared to another, i.e. central bank as opposed to grocery store checkout (can't imagine how it could but thought I'd ask anyway).
Thanks

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banks order cents in boxes, $25 increments (50 rolls). A few get them in $50 bags. With no notice they will only sell you what is considered over what they need to supply their retail customers. If you give them an order in advance you are more likely to get more than a box. I have had similar success finding wheat cents in bank rolled and customer rolled.

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how exciting!

I found a dime on the floor of my car today, picture coming soon....

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta crawl b4 you walk and walk b4 you run

Throw a person into the water that can't swim and most learn pretty quick. Jump in the water and try it out, once you get used to it you will look back and wonder why you didn't get in sooner.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw a person into the water that can't swim and most learn pretty quick. Jump in the water and try it out, once you get used to it you will look back and wonder why you didn't get in sooner.

Lol true

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my 5th 64 silver dime the other day

coinguygggi2

May 24, 2013
I agree get a box. Its 25$ you'll never look back.

He's right the first time I hunted I had 100$ in dimes the next Time after that I hot 300$ . Now in searching 1500$ a week. The oldest coin I've found crh was a 1896 Indian head . I've found hundreds of silver coins mostly dimes 28 mercs to date. Just got in 500$ in pennies UN fortunately. 16out of 20 of those boxes we're brand spanking new 2013 philadelphias ... anyone want a box...

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought my first box of pennies and was sick to my stomach found no wheats 10 90% copper and the rest were zinc 2012 and 2013 shields on the good side is i bought 160 in dimes and found my 5th silver

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i bought my first box of pennies and was sick to my stomach found no wheats 10 90% copper and the rest were zinc 2012 and 2013 shields on the good side is i bought 160 in dimes and found my 5th silver

This happens to the best of us my friend. Some are on like their 5th or 6th box of solid.13 dimes. Just dump them and move on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread