What's new

Newby find need help

Jenleecrow

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 28, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I am new to the forum, I have a great find, I believe its a geode but not sure what's inside I think it might be smokey quartz but could really do with some help. Many thanks in advance Jennifer 😁
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190228_202508.webp
    IMG_20190228_202508.webp
    133.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20190228_202537.webp
    IMG_20190228_202537.webp
    300.4 KB · Views: 161
Hi welcome from Texas. That is an interesting find. :occasion14: Don’t know much about stones but others on this site can help you ID it.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like red agate to me, super cool! I'll bet it would polish up nice
 
Upvote 0
I agree great find
 
Upvote 0
Post a pic if you open it Welcome also Tommy
 
Upvote 0
I would think it's a geode. Post it over on the rocks and gems forum, see what they say.
 
Upvote 0
I'd go with dinosaur eggs just for fun.
 
Upvote 0
Druzy ... possibly Citrine Druzy?

Druzy.webp
 
Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Jenleecrow! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider posting your pictures on Geological > Rocks/Gems for more exposure.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom