NewYears day Pay off

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather in Maine sure does a lot of flip-flopping. My partner in madness and I went to hit my fish weir site for one last hunt.I was trying to find my January artifact.I only have to find a February and March to complete my attempt to find an artifact every month of the year.No easy task in Maine.After my last trip here and having a heck of a time extracting a gouge from the frozen ground.We came prepared with a gallon of water and a propane torch.Lucky for us what we found was on top of loose rock.Here's my January artifact.A knife or spear head ..preformView attachment 1102320My buddy found a dandy adze...mjm CAM04110_1.jpg

Upvote 0
Id be happy with that one. Im back into finding the tiny Mississippian stuff. Even their tools are tiny.

I'm trying to clean it up a little but she's pretty rough.IMG_20150105_125850_856.jpg mjm

Oh and here is a better pick of that adze...mjmCAM00461.jpg

Wow, love the adze. Good stuff!

Nice stain on your piece looks real old. I know here if you find one that is stained chocolate brown It is a old piece.

I'm not sure what the story is on the patina.I know it is under water more than half the year.That's been going on at the very least since they put in a damn to enlarge the existing lake.I find other things at different points on the lake.They are all under water at the same time.They are usually made out of the same material.The patinas sometimes differ from place to place each having a different story to tell...mjm

Very nice finds!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back