What's new

Nexus 20"DD coil on Fisher F75 - Man, this guy is a serious Detectorist

Diggin' History

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
356
Reaction score
592
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing research on different model detectors I'm looking into buying, I came across this YT video and this guy is one serious metal detectorist.

Can you imagine swinging this thing all day?



Cheers.
-DH-
 
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:
 
I have 4 coils for my LTD, the largest is a 15" butterfly coil for fields. I have a make-shift harness I use when I plan on using the large coil for more than an hour.

20151105_191948.webp
 
I have 4 coils for my LTD, the largest is a 15" butterfly coil for fields. I have a make-shift harness I use when I plan on using the large coil for more than an hour.

View attachment 1806208

That harness looks like part of my ALICE Rucksack.

I like the Bungee Cord adaptation. It probably won't be too many more years and I'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul - I think I'm gonna hide my ALICE Pack. :)

-DH-
 
a few years after I posted this I guess the chinese saw it and now you can buy these online. Nothing is safe, they look everywhere for ideas to steal and capitalize on

harness.webp
 
It is part of the old army LBE, suspenders and a pistol belt.
 
a few years after I posted this I guess the chinese saw it and now you can buy these online. Nothing is safe, they look everywhere for ideas to steal and capitalize on

View attachment 1806273

Figures.

I think all pictures uploaded to TN are stored on some Gaggle Track Everything You Do server. I am not 100% sure on that but, seems like I've seen it flashing across the lower left side of my screen when logging in or doing a screen refresh.

-DH-
 
Here is GPZ with a 30 inch coil

 
Here is GPZ with a 30 inch coil



OK, I have to say that this guy needs a new hobby. :)

There is no way I could swing that coil for too long. Talk about messing with my back. I can see the look on my Physician's face when telling her what I did today - she always asks and I'm fairly certain that she would have me escorted from the building! [snicker]

-DH-
 
Note how fast he air-sweeps the coins. The F-75 (IMHE) rewards a faster sweep.

I'd love to play with a 20" coil but I don't know that I'd consider buying one. Maybe if I was a relic hunter on cleared ground.
 
Note how fast he air-sweeps the coins. The F-75 (IMHE) rewards a faster sweep.

I'd love to play with a 20" coil but I don't know that I'd consider buying one. Maybe if I was a relic hunter on cleared ground.

I couldn't even imagine that cost of that coil much less the 30" coil that Loco-Digger posted at link to.

I would like to swing it a bit to see how it handles but, other than that, I would not buy one either.

-DH-
 
What is the weight of the 20" coil?

Chub
 
For those very deep hard to find flip tops.
 
I could only imagine using a 20 or 30 inch coil if the vegetation (grass/weeds) are deep and thick, this would allow you to get about a foot down in the ground. If not how many 2-3 foot deep holes do you want to dig in a day?
 
I could only imagine using a 20 or 30 inch coil if the vegetation (grass/weeds) are deep and thick, this would allow you to get about a foot down in the ground. If not how many 2-3 foot deep holes do you want to dig in a day?

That's what I'm sayin ! Too many shallow holes hurt me on a good day.
 
I could only imagine using a 20 or 30 inch coil if the vegetation (grass/weeds) are deep and thick, this would allow you to get about a foot down in the ground. If not how many 2-3 foot deep holes do you want to dig in a day?

I would prefer not to dig any but, being the nice guy I am, I would let you dig as many as you want while I stand there and make sure that you are doing it correctly. 8-)

-DH-
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom