Nice 14k crucifix w/HF 9"

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a couple lakes today with my hunting partner, Game Over Man, and had a little luck.

At the first lake we both scooped a crucifix, I will let him tell about his.

Below are a few pics of my find. It is very thin 14k.

Now this is interesting, when we got home he scanned it with his CZ21 and it didn't make a peep. We tried it in zero disc and all metal. Thought that was a bit odd so I tried it with my Excalibur and not a peep out of that one either.

It hit out to 2.5" or so with the Deus set at 14.4khz. ( what I found it with) .... Cranking the freq up to 54khz it hit hard out to 4-5".

So when I got home I tried it with the rest of my arsenal.

Headhunter pro.8"? coil ..nothing
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut 8" coli....nothing
E trac wide open..5" X-5 coil.....nulled the threshold..no beep
AT Pro..11x9? coil ..bingo....hit a solid 40 out to 4=5"

I thought it was interesting that only the AT Pro and Deus could hit it.

This one gives me 5 gold since buying the 9" HF earlier this month. That's more then I got all of last year.

cross.jpg

clasp14k.jpg

cross2.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone was very bummed out when they came up with out that beauty. Go get the chain!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are on a gold rush lately. Interesting results with the detectors, how was the AT Pro set up? When going for gold, definitely use the higher frequencies on the Deus. I have found keeping it at 26 khz on the beach gives me a boost on hitting the mid conductors (gold, but I've personally been on a pull tab rush myself lately - lol) while keeping me viable for high conductors at depth.

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are on a gold rush lately. Interesting results with the detectors, how was the AT Pro set up? When going for gold, definitely use the higher frequencies on the Deus. I have found keeping it at 26 khz on the beach gives me a boost on hitting the mid conductors (gold, but I've personally been on a pull tab rush myself lately - lol) while keeping me viable for high conductors at depth.

Thanks
AT Pro was pro Zero, 0 discrim, sens 2 bars down from max.....read 39-41.

I was shocked that neither the CZ or Minelabs made a sound.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, especially the CZ.

Not surprisingly, I am hitting a lot of nickels lately too with the 26 khz + setting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Toothpick

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That chart is awesome, if accurate. From what I can tell, it is accurate. BTW, the new AT Max is 14 kHz (vs. 15 for the AT Pro and 18 for the AT Gold).

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
HF coil very good for small gold

Nice find! My experience is same. I out with HF coil 3 time in freshwater. Find tiny gold medal, earings, gold chain pieces. I used different factory programs, some modification. less rectivity, sens audio response. I search the best suited settings for freshwater. Somehow need to less background noise I think the modified HOT program very well to heavy hunted small pools.

Attachments

• gold-pieces_.jpg
    gold-pieces_.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 40
  • fishes_medal_.jpg
    fishes_medal_.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 103

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Gold Find! The Tesoro Tiger Shark also eats small gold for lunch in freshwater. :skullflag:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
It's sure Terry! I had the opportunity to try the Tesoro couple of times, at the same place. An open loop of earrings and chains was the reward.

Great Gold Find! The Tesoro Tiger Shark also eats small gold for lunch in freshwater. :skullflag:

Attachments

• tesoro_sand_shark_earing.JPG
    tesoro_sand_shark_earing.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 67
  • tesoro_sand_shark_bracelet.JPG
    tesoro_sand_shark_bracelet.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 36

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread