What's new

Nice arrowhead and another mystery snake

deerhuntinghippie

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
290
Reaction score
493
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, took the kiddos out looking for points in a freshly plowed field and then my daughter leads us to redneck island. Near the end I find another small brown snake with a bright red belly. Any ideas on the type of snake it is?

https://youtu.be/zmgmYlIUpJk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Upvote 6
I like to refer to those snakes as "Red-belly browns." I don't know their proper name. LOL
Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Skippy got it just about right - something that just named itself - :)

Redbellied Snake (Storeria occipitomaculata)

stoocc5.webp
 
As kids we called them red racers.
 
Love the kids, so cute and they really pay attention. Nice video...
 
Love the kids, so cute and they really pay attention. Nice video...
Yeah. They must get that from their momma. Haha.
Thanks for watching!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom