What's new

Nice Early Complete Buckle, Interesting Designed Pewter Button, Crotal Bell

Ahab8

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2013
Messages
8,427
Reaction score
8,293
Golden Thread
2
Location
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last couple weeks have been crazy. I got a great job offer and have been scrambling to wrap up all of my jobs before I started this past week. I haven't been out swinging for weeks. Actually not since I found the spoons. I went to the spot where I found a couple of very early buckles. Right off the bat I found another nice complete buckle. This makes 16 or so in less than 2 years. One of my ancestors was a traveling cobbler in this area in the 1700s and I always wonder if maybe....just maybe his hands touched one of these buckles. I also dug a few buttons on this site. When I got home I was surprised to see that the pewter button had a design on it. No idea what the hell it is but it's the first pewter button I've found that I could actually make out the design on. Anyway it felt great to get out for a few hours and dig a few keepers. Hope you're all having a great summer
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 50
Great finds...great post!
 
Nice digs Ahab. Looks like you had an awesome hunt.:thumbsup:
 
Love the buckle. Congrats brotha.
 
Nice finds Ahab. I like the buckles and the crotal bell. Those pewter buttons get killed once they're in the ground. The story about one of your ancestors being a cobbler in the area is interesting. Just adds more historical value and interest to everything you're digging. Nice post and nice finds. :thumbsup:
 
Some great relics there Ahab!
 
You always find such an incredible assortment of coins & relics- amazing!! Really sucks living here on the east coast huh???? Congrats and keep the great finds coming!

-- Jeff --
 
Glad you were able to get out for a little swinging after a long hiatus. As we were discussing, that buckle is definitely older than what it appeared from first glance. That's an early chape style and probable dates from the very late 1600s to the mid-1700s. Nice going on the pewter button too. I'm surprised you haven't dug more of those seeing how old your sites are. Hope you can make that boat trip again soon ....
 
Looks like a very nice buckle. Good luck with the job.
 
Wouldn't it be cool if you find a buckle (Or even a large cent) with your ancestors initials on it??? Ya just never know!! Nice finds. :icon_thumleft:
 
AH HELL HE IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!. AHAB THE PEICE OF BUCKLE LATE 1600S AND THE REST 1700S NICE FINDS,.ZUTPHEN
 
bout time you posted :P
Killer finds man... far out on the one.

I would dare say that is a banner buckle.
 
Hello Ahab8,

Fantastic hunt and recoveries! Congratulations.

Doc
 
Nice buckle Abe, time flies when you're working long and hard hours. Good to see you get out for a bit, the buckle makes for a nice keeper.
 
You Sir, are a buckle finding fiend..
Nice early buckle..
Love to see all your buckles in one display.
I am glad you like them because you sure have alot of them!
Cool find Abe.
 
Nice finds bud.......
 
Good looking finds, Abe. That buckle is sweet. Are those paneled cabinet doors some of your handiwork?
 
Nice buckles:thumbsup: great bell ,that connection makes me feel think it was around the neck of a animal. Does it have a makers mark or number on it? That button is cool. It's degrading pretty fast though, you should put something on it pretty quick to save it
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom