What's new

Nice large yard sale piece of sterling today

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I had to please the better half and go yard sale shopping with her. I am glad I did as I found an antique beveled glass hand held mirror, marked Birks Sterling. I took the one shot with my hand in so the size of the mirror could be seen. Without the glass it would be a heavy chunk of silver. The best part was the $5.00 price tag. I'd rather be MDing, but I'll be happy with this find. IMG_3166.webpIMG_3167.webp
 
Upvote 34
heck of a find !!!congrats on that one !!
 
That's an awesome mirror! Nice job
 
Nice buy... This is part of a dresser vanity set btw.
 
Better watch out, you keep finding things like that and you'll be going with the wife all the time to the yard sales looking for treasure. lol It's easier on the knees too. :laughing7:
 
Johncoho,

Nice chunk of silver....btw Birks is a high end jeweler in Montreal where I live so it should be worth much more than scrap....more along the lines of Tiffany items.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nice chunk of silver... You could flip that no problem..
 
Awesome BIG silver find! Congratualtions...
 
That's a great find, congrats
 
That is karma for forgoing dirt fishing for your wife. Great job and great choice...Brad
 
Excellent find.
You could always give it to the bride for Christmas, , lol
 
Great! That's worth $100+, but also a priceless treasure to the finder i.e. you! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
If I can't be MDing, I'll gladly go to yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores.
 
I would still rather be detecting and digging.
Better watch out, you keep finding things like that and you'll be going with the wife all the time to the yard sales looking for treasure. lol It's easier on the knees too. :laughing7:
 
Thank you for the info. I have been doing some research online, and Birks is a really quality company. I will not scrap this, but will keep it with all the other silver finds I have.
Johncoho,

Nice chunk of silver....btw Birks is a high end jeweler in Montreal where I live so it should be worth much more than scrap....more along the lines of Tiffany items.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nice silver score! Congrats!
Treasure is where you find it!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom