What's new

Nice leather sheath for a Lesche handheld digger......

I would think there would be no need to sew the bottom up and remove the button. That would allow the dirt to fall through I am thinking just maybe a 1 inch opening. All mine collect dirt. What do you all think ?
My Lesche is around 20 years old. I'm surprised I still use the original holster that came with it which has no holes.

I just wipe the blade on the bottom of my shoe/boot if excess dirt is on it before holstering it. At the end of the day I squeeze the holster from the sides in "open wide" fashion, and tap the dirt out.

Some people think too much I guess. :dontknow:
 
Try asking Brad from Green Mountain Metal Detecting. He is very good with leather work. Also his videos are the best out there.
 
I would think there would be no need to sew the bottom up and remove the button. That would allow the dirt to fall through I am thinking just maybe a 1 inch opening. All mine collect dirt. What do you all think ?
Good point!
 
Don’t you think it would be ok Mine fills up ALL THE TIME !!!
Have a leather smith custom make one with an open bottom for you.
 
My Lesche is around 20 years old. I'm surprised I still use the original holster that came with it which has no holes.

I just wipe the blade on the bottom of my shoe/boot if excess dirt is on it before holstering it. At the end of the day I squeeze the holster from the sides in "open wide" fashion, and tap the dirt out.

Some people think too much I guess. :dontknow:
I don't have the original holster for mine. I considered buying a replacement which are commonly available but thought I'd go the leather route. I do sometimes "think to much" but I'd rather that than under think!!
 
I don't have the original holster for mine. I considered buying a replacement which are commonly available but thought I'd go the leather route. I do sometimes "think to much" but I'd rather that than under think!!
Naw. A leather holster is not a bad idea. I was talking about the idea of cutting a hole in it to let dirt flow through it. I just rather wipe off excess dirt before holstering, and tap out the dirt that did get in at end of day. But to each their own.

I think I'm going to Gorilla Tape my original holster one of these days. LOL!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom