What's new

Nice Little Drill

Charl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
4,794
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In a hurry to get to the sandbar, didn't even look down. Fortunately, the Mrs. did:thumbsup:
Rhyolite I believe.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    238.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    171 KB · Views: 136
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    131.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
That is a nice drill!!! Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice drill, congrats
 
Very nice :thumbsup:and I'm sure the wife wont let you forget that one and who found it.:laughing7:
 
That's a dandy drill Charles.I've yet to find one yet....mjm
 
Cool drill find. I wouldn't call it little!!
 
Awesome little drill- and quite a 'crust' no? (or is it the actual color of the stone?) HH! Yak
 
Appears to me to be the actual color of the material. Cool piece
 
Oh yeah, that's the color. A white rhyolite with black specks, which is just a guess. Rhyolite is common enough, but we don't find it at our spots often. It has a little gold color circle, half on one face, half on the other. I thought that was seaweed at first and tried to rub it off:laughing7:
 
nice one,funny how they will just lay there like that.
 
nice one,funny how they will just lay there like that.

Yes it is, and in this case it was about 2 hours away from falling into the river and being washed out to sea. A close call to losing something that obvious to spot...
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom