What's new

Nice Little Point

wells

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
683
Reaction score
561
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just came across this pic. of 2012 find which i forgot about.
 

Attachments

  • wells farm pentagonal.webp
    wells farm pentagonal.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
Nice "pentagon"
 
Is that a known type or is that something that has been repurposed?
 
Is it thin? I have found something similar, but it was thin. I really don't know what it was meant to be.
 
Nice point. If that was found in nc it would be a jacks reef or pee dee. Nice find.
 
Is it thin? I have found something similar, but it was thin. I really don't know what it was meant to be.

Here is a picture of it. Even though it's broken, you can still tell it was straight on the sides. It measures 1 3/4" at widest, and 1/4" thick.

9336.webp 9337.webp
 
Here is one I posted a while back.
Front Pent.webp
Back pent.webp
 
That is an interesting point. Thanks for sharing.
 
I have one kind of like it but the point is off center enough to lead me to believe it was reworked.
 
Nice point. If that was found in nc it would be a jacks reef or pee dee. Nice find.
Thats what we call them also and are considerd to be actual arrow points. They are nice and thin and straight like most triangles. Most collections from here contain a few examples of the type.
 
Here is a small one I found in 2013. Pee Dee and Pentagon which ever you choose to call them. Mine is resharpened to a nub.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3217.webp
    100_3217.webp
    77 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom