beerguy
Bronze Member
- Joined
- May 6, 2004
- Messages
- 1,146
- Reaction score
- 1,193
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Camano Island, WA
- Detector(s) used
- CTX3030, Manticore, Deus 2, etc.
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I was heading out for my usual hunt this morning, when my wife said that she wanted to come along.
This means that I spend half my time hunting and the other half digging her targets. Oh well.
She did find a neat piece of jewelry, maybe an earring.

I managed an older wheatie, a 1947 nickel and a 1917 Merc. I found an 1917 merc at this same site a few weeks back, but this one is an S variety.




As usual for this site, the silver is covered in corrosion. Since it is not a key date, I will be cleaning her up for display.
I actually learned something when I found the dime. I have been hunting in Auto +3 sens in this area. This time I was in Manual 27 when I found this signal. Switched to auto and it was set at 17. I did not hear it at all in auto. Note to self, manual only on the CTX when I am looking for deep targets. This area has been hunted many times by many people. I have been over it as well, so lesson learned.
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all.
This means that I spend half my time hunting and the other half digging her targets. Oh well.
She did find a neat piece of jewelry, maybe an earring.

I managed an older wheatie, a 1947 nickel and a 1917 Merc. I found an 1917 merc at this same site a few weeks back, but this one is an S variety.




As usual for this site, the silver is covered in corrosion. Since it is not a key date, I will be cleaning her up for display.
I actually learned something when I found the dime. I have been hunting in Auto +3 sens in this area. This time I was in Manual 27 when I found this signal. Switched to auto and it was set at 17. I did not hear it at all in auto. Note to self, manual only on the CTX when I am looking for deep targets. This area has been hunted many times by many people. I have been over it as well, so lesson learned.
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all.
Upvote
12









