What's new

Nice Silver find today

Cat J

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
789
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
My friends uncle died recently and as she was clearing off the book case to put the books in a yard sale at $.25 each. She came across two books with plain brown paper wraping on the outside. When she opened these books she was so surprised to find one complete set of BU Ben Franklins and the other book was one complete set BU Walking Liberty. She offered me the Ben set for $90 so I bought it but after I told her it was worth more than that. She said that was fine she wasn't worried about it. It is a Library of Coins Vol 21. The coins are beautiful.

HH
Cat
 
Upvote 0
Awesome deal! Thanks for the reverse picture...Look like some have pretty nice strikes...


-Paul
 
I just have a question about how long some of these people have been doing this hobby. I am new at this. I have been doin it for about 6 months now. My question is to those people I see that have several thousand silver coins. I was hoping this would be a way I could pay for my college education. You know keep searching rolls as a complete college and perhaps I'd have enough silver when I am finished to pay off all of the loans? Just a crazy idea I suppose. Most people I talk to tell me that I am kidding myself and everything has already been picked over. So far I have found 46 silver coins. However I only have been hunting rolls maybe once or twice per month. I suppose if I want to accomplish my goal I am going to have to be a bit more agressive. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks, S.M.
 
I have been doing this only about six months also. I started late Nov.

Good luck. It might depend on where you are as to how much you might find. Some places seem to be better than others.

HH
Cat
 
sathmcnugent,

If you really need money ... get a job. I know it sounds harsh, but I think it is true. It's a lot of work to find tons of silver and if one were total up the hours spent, it's probably a lousy job. I don't think it is wise to go into CRH'ing to make money, unless one could do it on a truly monumental scale for cheap.

Brian
 
Yes..I have a job..I just thought maybe it would pay better than a 'job"
 
no it would not pay better but may be used to supplement. It is not dependable. If I figured up all the time I spent running back and forth and going through the skunk boxes them I probably would not be getting minimum wages.

HH
Cat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom