Nice weather, and nice finds

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been a few days since I posted anything, partly because I hadn't found anything really worth while, and partly because I'm lazy. Anyway, the weather has been beautiful here for the past week. High 60's, and the last couple of days we have been in the 70's. Not bad for the first of November. Went to a new (old) spot that used to be an old Air Force base, but the parade ground is now a bunch of soccer fields. Found lots of clad, a neat old school bus token, a couple of wheats (1918 and 1944s) and a Rosie dime that had been hit and bent by that old mower we all dread. It got it in the date area, so I can't tell if it was a 1950 or a 1959. Had to put it in a towel, and use a hammer on it to straighten it out some. The only thing that I'm real sure of, is that it's silver.

Then today, I went over to a friends house who had told me I could do his yard this fall, and found another beauty there. A 1898 Barber dime. It's in pretty good shape too. I know that they aren't big silvers, but I'm happy with them all.

Hope you all were able to get out and enjoy mother nature as well.

Attachments

• 11-1-08.jpg
    11-1-08.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 625
  • 11-1-08a.jpg
    11-1-08a.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 614
  • 10-30-08 2.jpg
    10-30-08 2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 572
  • 11-2-08.jpg
    11-2-08.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 619
Upvote 0
Nice Barber...Great shape as you say...Congrats. jgas

nebstater said:
It's been a few days since I posted anything, partly because I hadn't found anything really worth while, and partly because I'm lazy.

LOL! I know the feeling on both counts!!! ;D

Great finds, Nebstater! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Lots of old AAF bases out there to hunt. I get out to NE once or twice a year to visit family, but haven't made it out to any old base land yet. I see what AA Battery finds out west & I'll bet there's some great relics & coins out there in NE!

Nice finds, I really like the 1898 dime. Congrats.....

kimsdad said:
nebstater said:
It's been a few days since I posted anything, partly because I hadn't found anything really worth while, and partly because I'm lazy.

LOL! I know the feeling on both counts!!! ;D

Great finds, Nebstater! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Lots of old AAF bases out there to hunt. I get out to NE once or twice a year to visit family, but haven't made it out to any old base land yet. I see what AA Battery finds out west & I'll bet there's some great relics & coins out there in NE!

I didn't list it, but I also found one of a 2nd Lt.'s rank insignia bars. Still had most of its' gold color intact. I know that there is still much more to be found there. Only trouble is, the finds will be a little hard to come by, as the local detecting club here hunted the living h*** out of the place a few years ago. They told me that I wouldn't find anything. Guess they were wrong on all accounts.

The next time you are in the state or Lincoln, give me a heads up and I'll run you out to the base.

I love the obverse of the Barber....almost no wasted space.Great dig's Neb.....Token is awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

rtde3 said:
Man I just love that token!! That old bus is just cool!

They haven't used those type buses for years now. That's the second one of those particular tokens that I've found in the last 3 years. It's smaller than a dime, but about the size of a half dime.

That Barber is purdy, Neb! :thumbsup: And the token is great!

Congrats! Nana :wink:

Way to go "Neb". Dime is nice and the bus is super cool. I agree, those old
AF Bases are neat and there is alot of them. Congratulations. Doug (blklab)

allen said:
way to go on that sweet silver and neat token...
i found my first barber dime on tuesday, it is a 1904...

Good for you. :thumbsup: This one was my second of the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back