What's new

Nickel box completed and...

pepperpump

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
971
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I found a total of 16 pre-1960 nickels and 2 foreign coins. Here is the break-down.

2 1939 nickels
7 1950's nickels
7 1940's nickels
2 of the 40's nickels are war-time, a 44 and 43 nickel
2 foreign as well

Not bad I think. I'm starting to really like my turnouts with nickels. Happy CRH everyone!
Pepperpump 8)
 

Attachments

  • coins pics 009.webp
    coins pics 009.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 211
Upvote 0
Nickels are most interesting to search after halves. You never know what you might find.
 
You did much better than I did silver wise. I purchased two boxes a couple of days ago and got about 20 or so pre-1956, no silver, 1 proof (2004S) and 1 82 Canadian. My last 6 boxes have not produced even one war nick.
 
Nice haul. :) I still can't figure out why I'm saving my pre-1960 nickels, but if nothing else, I'll someday have a bunch of old nickels lying around. haha. I love those war Jeffies---it's always nice finding silver while searching nickels.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom