Nickel hoarding, what are your thoughts?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry man, It took me quite a while to stop laughing. You would be a whole lot better off just sticking $20.00 a week in a coffee can, and at the end of the year you can take a vacation, buy a toy, or get some gold. Hoarding nickels? Why not just start a scrap yard..

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess Canadians will have to start hoarding more than just nickles since we have 30 years of dimes, quarters, halves, one and two dollar coins that are made with pure nickle! :laughing7:

If I start now, maybe I'll get a spot on the next reality show called "Canadian Hoarders."

Better yet, I'll just go and visit the numerous nickle mines that dot the northern part of my home province.

Unless we're running out. I'd better go and check.:dontknow:

Cheers,

Dave.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
DarioMontesdeOca said:
I read a very insightful article a few months back about the nickel going up in value over the next few years.

Here's the link to that article:
Save Your Nickels

You definitely don't want to know my thoughts.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Man you can not believe what is put up on the internet ..... Well i have to agree with what every one else here told you.......and that comes from a survival group and you know that most of them are a bunch of kook's..........

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, completely useless (except that you actually have nickels to spend).

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can guess how many Nickels I have in my hand....Ill give both of them to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread