Nickel with planchette stuck to it (?)

jobrian

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I recently found this coin in a drawer not metal detenting. It is a 2007 Jefferson Nickel, with what appears to be a copper planchette (coin blank) attached to it.
I ran it under the Equinox 600 and it chimed in at 12-13 vdi, which is Jefferson Nickel territory on the Minelab. I saw a similar one on a coin forum with no other additional info about it.
It is also lighter in weight than a similar Jefferson Nickel
Is this common? Is it considered an "error coin"? Is it worth more than $.06?? Thanks for any reply😅😅

Attachments

• 91FDA44C-9FA6-48DA-8F02-5B6238CB1CAC.JPG
    91FDA44C-9FA6-48DA-8F02-5B6238CB1CAC.JPG
    431.8 KB · Views: 111
  • tempImageX5QLDy.png
    tempImageX5QLDy.png
    3 MB · Views: 64
Upvote 8

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is a squirting nickel joke/novelty. I HAVE AN OLD ONE THAT IS A BUFFALO NIC.
Dunk it underwater & press down on the brass thing to to fill it with water then press down on the brass thing to see if water squirts out of a hole somewhere on the coin

OP
OP
J

jobrian

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a squirting nickel joke/novelty. I HAVE AN OLD ONE THAT IS A BUFFALO NIC.
Dunk it underwater & press down on the brass thing to to fill it with water then press down on the brass thing to see if water squirts out of a hole somewhere on the coin

You're right , haha! its a novelty ring...Oh well, back to diggin in the dirt. thank you sir

OP
OP
J

jobrian

Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I recently found this coin in a drawer not metal detenting. It is a 2007 Jefferson Nickel, with what appears to be a copper planchette (coin blank) attached to it.
I ran it under the Equinox 600 and it chimed in at 12-13 vdi, which is Jefferson Nickel territory on the Minelab. I saw a similar one on a coin forum with no other additional info about it.
Is this common? Is it considered an "error coin"? Is it worth more than $.06?? Thanks for any reply😅😅
ok, Im an idiot....its a novelty ring...squirts water on you😆

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats cool...and funny..

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread