What's new

Nickels & again nickels

exnatomp

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Nickels & again nickels

I picked up my monthly box of nickels yesterday and that proved to be a skunk. I had to run a couple of errands in town today so I decided to stop by our two banks and pick up some more nickels and any halves they had lying around. I scored $40 in nickels and $33 in halves. The halves were all clad, no surprise there, but the nickels did cough up a '42-P war nickel. Nearly 3,000 coins and all I found was one. At least it wasn't a total bust.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nickels & again nickels

Gotta go through more coins. :icon_pirat:
 
Re: Nickels & again nickels

A lot of work but another one for the pile. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Nickels & again nickels

I hunt 5-7 boxes of nickels per week..... I average 1 war nickel per box...... and hit usually one buffalo per week.... 20-30 pre'59's per box also...... that seems to be way better than alot get out of each box.. but then again I barely manage one silver dime per box and I see that many are doing way better there also.. I never do well on pennies either.. so it seems while I clean up on nickels.... the rest of you kill me on the other coins LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom