What's new

nickle error 197?

geo4472

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
926
Reaction score
619
Golden Thread
0
Location
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
found this while going through my change it appears to have come from the mint like this there is no number in the depression doesnt look like it was done after wards
 

Attachments

  • nickle.webp
    nickle.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 400
  • nickle.webp
    nickle.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 384
Looks like someone started to drill a hole in it but I'm no coin guru. M ??? nty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
Looks like someone started to drill a hole in it but I'm no coin guru. M ??? nty
its not a drill mark its more like a strike mark of some sorts
 
Upvote 0
That'd be a nifty error if it actually is/was from a bad die, like something got in there before it struck...
 
Upvote 0
I would say post mint damage, like shot with a BB gun

Tim
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom