tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those night shots a so unique. I'm guessing they're taken with a flash, but it doesn't appear to what I'm familiar with from a flash photo would generally look like. Is there something special you're using to produce these wonderful lighting results without all the glare?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Those night shots a so unique. I'm guessing they're taken with a flash, but it doesn't appear to what I'm familiar with from a flash photo would generally look like. Is there something special you're using to produce these wonderful lighting results without all the glare?
Thanks Grant, I use two, sometime three flash guns in lock and lock containers sort of like tupperware... Place one on each side of the target area at about a 45 degree angle. One is set at the hopeful proper power setting for correct exposure, and the other is set at half power to soften shadows. they are triggered by wireless switches when the camera fires.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Grant, I use two, sometime three flash guns in lock and lock containers sort of like tupperware... Place one on each side of the target area at about a 45 degree angle. One is set at the hopeful proper power setting for correct exposure, and the other is set at half power to soften shadows. they are triggered by wireless switches when the camera fires.
Thank you Ron, The results are so wonderful and I sure do enjoy seeing them. Keep it up!

Last edited:

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sharing another awesome piece of art 🤘
This one is now my phone background😁
I'd have fun at elephant stock with your work.
Maybe one day 😍

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding
Your camera trap is capturing so so many special moments