What's new

No boxes, but 8 rolls of nickels yields silver

Sheldius

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
751
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head teller was away on training, so my 2 boxes weren't ordered. I picked up a range of change from BOA ($100) just to check it out and maybe get my fix.

$30 Quarters - nothing except the new state quarter :P

$50 Dimes - nothing, had 3 rolls that were all 1965 - 1975. I had hopes.

$4 Pennies - nothing, but gave up about 15 coppers every roll.

$16 Nickels - A few worn pre-1960's and one 1945 P. Yeah, no stinky today. Also my first! ;D

I'm visiting my brother in law in Douglasville tomorrow to celebrate his son's 3 birthday. Maybe I'll be able to find some halves along the way. ;)

HH.
 

Attachments

  • Silver Nickel 002.webp
    Silver Nickel 002.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Silver Nickel 004.webp
    Silver Nickel 004.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0
Nice War nickel!
Good luck on your road trip!
 
I generally check the Douglasville area as well.
I haven't been very successful. I hope your luck is better.
I was mainly around the Harbor Place Mall area. That was 2-3
weeks ago. Good luck.
 
Cool finds. I love pix of war nix. Quarters are always skunky, but at least you tried. Good luck in Douglasville.
 
kickstart said:
I generally check the Douglasville area as well.
I haven't been very successful. I hope your luck is better.
I was mainly around the Harbor Place Mall area. That was 2-3
weeks ago. Good luck.

Thanks. My wife had told me the party started at 1pm, but right before we were going to leave we found out it wasn't until 5pm, so no CRH trip. Just a nice birthday. I did get some work done, so I have less today. :) Might have gotten my BIL interested in Metal Detecting. He had asked me to bring it with and we found two pennies in his new (1999) house yard.

Douglasville wasn't hit, so I wish you luck on your next trip through.

HH.
 
TXTim said:
Nice War nickel!
Good luck on your road trip!

Thanks. Sadly it didn't work out (wife tricked me, LOL). Hopefully more silver is building up where ever I get to next.

HH.
 
fiatboy said:
Cool finds. I love pix of war nix. Quarters are always skunky, but at least you tried. Good luck in Douglasville.

Thanks. It took forever for the new teller to figure out how to do the transaction. I cashed my check and said I wanted a hundred in change.

She fiddle around awhile and said how do you want the change. I said pennies, nickels, dimes. Should have seen her eyes :o. You are serious? That started about 15 minutes of roll fussing and counting. :-[ Didn't really want quarters, but wasn't going to ask since it took so long.

HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom