Sheldius
Hero Member
My bank didn't order half boxes again, but I was able to pick up $200 in nickels (one bag of rolls and one box). And a box of dimes.
Found 2 war nickels and a really damaged Buffalo. The Buff had red corrosion and pits all over it. The date is worn off. It didn't have 3.5 legs, so I tried a vinegar and salt bath for 45 minutes, then a baking soda soak. Quite a bit better now, and I might just have to get some Nic-A-Date to find out how old it is. Also about 20 pre-1960's, but I only keep those if in EF+. Did keep a 1950 in VG-F since there were only 9 million made.
On to the dimes tonite.
HH.
Found 2 war nickels and a really damaged Buffalo. The Buff had red corrosion and pits all over it. The date is worn off. It didn't have 3.5 legs, so I tried a vinegar and salt bath for 45 minutes, then a baking soda soak. Quite a bit better now, and I might just have to get some Nic-A-Date to find out how old it is. Also about 20 pre-1960's, but I only keep those if in EF+. Did keep a 1950 in VG-F since there were only 9 million made.
On to the dimes tonite.
HH.
Upvote
0







