What's new

No clue

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
But it most certainly was dug on a CW battle site.
I had to go to Tennessee yesterday for some business.
I met up with a buddy and we detected some property his family owns on a battle site.
He dug this.


What does it belong to?

The size is about 3inches long or so.


Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 0223101926.jpg_thumb.webp
    0223101926.jpg_thumb.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 0223101927a.jpg_thumb.webp
    0223101927a.jpg_thumb.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 453
prolab69 said:
I think the prongs fit over a pipe or valve stem, its pretty solid construction, candle sleeve? no i dont think so, I was thinking more towards part of a lantern, almost looks like it could be a pencil sharpener also, the hole where the prongs are is the size of a pencil. ok well heres the piece i have. you have me somewhat curious now.
thanks
Pro

Bingo. It's a pencil sharpener :icon_thumright:

http://www.officemuseum.com/pencil_sharpeners.htm
 

Attachments

  • 1906_Eagle_Pencil_Co_NY_Simplex_Sharpener_No__650.webp
    1906_Eagle_Pencil_Co_NY_Simplex_Sharpener_No__650.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
prolab69 said:
I think the prongs fit over a pipe or valve stem, its pretty solid construction, candle sleeve? no i dont think so, I was thinking more towards part of a lantern, almost looks like it could be a pencil sharpener also, the hole where the prongs are is the size of a pencil. ok well heres the piece i have. you have me somewhat curious now.
thanks
Pro

Bingo. It's a pencil sharpener :icon_thumright:

http://www.officemuseum.com/pencil_sharpeners.htm


:icon_thumright: :hello2: :hello2: :hello: :hello2: :headbang: :read2: :thumbsup:

Hell of an ID! Can't argue with that one! GREAT JOB!!!!!
 
Upvote 0
yup, a little rubbing and some words suddenly appeared,
 
Upvote 0
Awesome job on the research find.
 
Upvote 0
WooooooHooooooo; GREAT ID! :headbang: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
prolab69 said:
I think the prongs fit over a pipe or valve stem, its pretty solid construction, candle sleeve? no i dont think so, I was thinking more towards part of a lantern, almost looks like it could be a pencil sharpener also, the hole where the prongs are is the size of a pencil. ok well heres the piece i have. you have me somewhat curious now.
thanks
Pro

Bingo. It's a pencil sharpener :icon_thumright:

http://www.officemuseum.com/pencil_sharpeners.htm

Now that's one INCREDIBLE ID!!! Fantastic work on that. :notworthy:

And great job all around on IDing these Very Cool finds!

Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
GREAT MINDS AT WORK on T-Net :wav:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom