No CRH for me for a while :(

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My car just won't start. Battery works though. I have no clue what's wrong with it. Oh well, no CRH for a while.

Sorry to hear that Coppercrazy!!! I'll hunt $100 in cents tonight in your honor in hopes of finding half as much as you do!!!

Can you walk or bike to any banks from home?!?!

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Sorry to hear that Coppercrazy!!! I'll hunt $100 in cents tonight in your honor in hopes of finding half as much as you do!!!

Can you walk or bike to any banks from home?!?!

Haha, I can bike, but it's only low 50's for highs right now. If I have to I'll buy a rack and just strap $100 in coins on to the back I guess

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha, I can bike, but it's only low 50's for highs right now. If I have to I'll buy a rack and just strap $100 in coins on to the back I guess

Just stack a few hundred in coins to the back of your bike and you will work up a nice warm sweat in no time!!!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What kind of car is it? We might be able to give you some tips on what the problem could be. It could be as simple as as a $20 distributor cap (for the spark).

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My car just won't start. Battery works though. I have no clue what's wrong with it. Oh well, no CRH for a while.
Last time that happened to me I had the battery, starter and alternator tested, all tested fine. Turned out to be just dirty battery terminal cables, cleaned them up and everything was fine, just a thought.
Good Luck.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Wooooo!!! Started! My dad says I have a bad starter, whatever that means. But CRH on my bike really wouldn't be a bad idea save on gas that way and it's completely free too.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coppercrazy said:
Wooooo!!! Started! My dad says I have a bad starter, whatever that means. But CRH on my bike really wouldn't be a bad idea save on gas that way and it's completely free too.

If your dad can do the install, a refurbished or even new one won't set you back to much. It's the labor that kills.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRH on your bike..now that would truly be "all profit" lol

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
i might do some bike crh'ing this upcoming summer.
good exercise
cheap transportation

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

easy one to replace. the starter is under the intake manifold, its held on by 2 bolts and gets its power from one plug. unbolt and unplug. make sure you disconnect your negative battery terminal so you dont shock yourself.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i rode my bike once, carried two boxes of cents in my backpack home from school.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
gonna break more than his back. statisticly speaking, riding a bicycle is more dangerous than driving a car. people going 2x the speed limit, text-n-drivin, sun gets in their eyes, spots form on the windshield cause they are out of wiper fluid/it doesnt work to begin with, all reasons why bicycles should stick to the trails or the downtown parts of cities.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Usually when a starter starts to fail, you can still use it for a little while before it never works again. If you turn the key and hear nothing at all (and you have battery, meaning charge, clean terminals, etc.), you can actually hit the starter with a hammer, which will usually get it going. If that doesn't work, you can always do a push start! put 'er in neutral, have two friends push you, and try to start while you're rolling.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Usually when a starter starts to fail, you can still use it for a little while before it never works again. If you turn the key and hear nothing at all (and you have battery, meaning charge, clean terminals, etc.), you can actually hit the starter with a hammer, which will usually get it going. If that doesn't work, you can always do a push start! put 'er in neutral, have two friends push you, and try to start while you're rolling.

Thanks!!! Yeah, that what my dad said to do for now! If I go anywhere just take a hammer with me and tap it with the hammer, but we plan on replacing it Saturday.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 12-13, I used to ride 4 miles each way to banks to CRH. (In snow, uphill both ways each way of course.)

Oneshot

Oct 20, 2012
West Caldwell New Jersey
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 70
WHITES COINMASTER CLASSIC III
GARRETT PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disconnect the negative battery terminal, then disconnect the starter connections and clean them. Last time I did that was over a year ago. It starts every time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread