What's new

No Gold Today but Plenty of Targets

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was bored this morning so hit the park again today for a dive. You can see by all the old swim buckles that this was a very old swim area. One silver ring, one gold plate and three junk rings were my jewelry finds. I had my first hat pin brass with a long sharp end but I seemed to have lost it.

First for me was the old Detroit Police button. Very nice shape, made by Scoville MFG. Co. A Washington, two mercs, a rosey and a war nickel topped out my silver. 5 wheats. I did get a Jefferson nickel and a house for clad.

Got to be more deep gold and silver out there. Still trying to scare it up.











That long brass thing with screws in it has 110 on it and Patented in USA Jan 4 98 May 24 04, I have no clue what it could be. Thanks for looking. Tomorrow calls for another dive there.
 
Upvote 18
Congrats on the finds, the button is a beauty
 
14955t-and-motiv.webp
 
Lots of nice silver, there. Would like to see the war nickel once it has been cleaned a little. Congratulations on your brass whatever it is!
 
The scoop looks like it could be a melon scooper (or baller). Have seen several in my life, but can't seem to find one in a web search.

I tried using the USPTO Search Engine, but I have something disabled on my PC (I think Flash) that won't allow me to figure out how to input the search info. So the brass thing remains a mystery. Sorry.
 
Nice finds. The long brass thing is an old telephone company tip, ring, sleeve plug. Used on test sets, old telephone cord boards and patch cords. I have seen and used many of them from my 34 years with the telephone company.
 
Nice hunt Bob!! I have never found that many buckles in one hunt, Wow!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom