What's new

✅ SOLVED No idea. Need help.

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this out in the woods in a location where I have found civil war bullets before. There was also a house located nearby from the 40s until the 1960s. It appears to be made of carbon and the rod seems to be copper. I have no idea what it might be. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • 20180912_201457.webp
    20180912_201457.webp
    410.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180912_201449.webp
    20180912_201449.webp
    463.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180912_201500.webp
    20180912_201500.webp
    544.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20180912_201523.webp
    20180912_201523.webp
    389.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180912_201538.webp
    20180912_201538.webp
    265.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20180912_201642.webp
    20180912_201642.webp
    857.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180912_201657.webp
    20180912_201657.webp
    580.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20180912_201706.webp
    20180912_201706.webp
    484.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180912_201426.webp
    20180912_201426.webp
    863 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
It's looks to have been cut off on the small end, other than that,? I sure a member will ID.
 
Upvote 0
it looks like carbon rod from an old fashioned carbon-zinc battery, similar to this one. This one has the jacket still on it whereas yours has been removed.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.51.43 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.51.43 PM.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
it looks like carbon rod from an old fashioned carbon-zinc battery, similar to this one. This one has the jacket still on it whereas yours has been removed.

It does look a Lot like that. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a Carbon-Zinc Battery. Found hundreds of pieces of them on my property. I've heard they are really good to use with electrolysis.
 
Upvote 0
i also read on the internet be careful picking them up the can give a chemical burn some how
 
Upvote 0
I guess a battery of some kind
 
Upvote 0
its a old radio battery my pawpaw just find one he remembered what it was
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom