What's new

✅ SOLVED No idea!

troutguide

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
26
Reaction score
96
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
I dug this item in an area that I have been finding relics from the 1800’s and have also found an arrow head in one of my holes where I found a flat button. So I know there was Native American activity as well. The item below has a curved shape like a shoe. It appears to have some sort of hair (possibly horse hair and has a smell of creosote. The top part is shiny like gold and has small nails. It appears that the item would be hollow but is filled with dirt. I don’t think this is the front the front of a shoe but maybe some sort of pouch? I wear a size 12 boot for size reference. I honestly am dumbfounded by this item any help is appreciated. Thanks


ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521467318.994100.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521467332.573858.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521467358.309169.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521467375.625106.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521467398.511775.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521467426.847003.webp
 
Maybe a tarred pouch? I know tarring was used for water proofing, but that might be a little small for that. Or maybe just as you said, creosote, a glob leftover from some other task, I dunno
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Tarred brush ? :/

Mmm k
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom