NO MDing in West Virginia Wildlife Management Areas

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
NO MD'ing in West Virginia Wildlife Management Areas

Per email from DNR Lw Enforcement:

DNR regulations state.....

"No person shall remove any man-made or natural object, material, substance, plant, animal or historical or archeological relic or artifact from a state park, state forest, or state wildlife management area, except those legally acquired through hunting and fishing in accordance with W. Va. Code 20-2-1 et seq. or upon proper authorization in writing by the Chief of Parks and Recreation, Division of Natural Resources."

For more information, please contact the WV Division of Parks and Recreation at (304) 558-2764.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: MD'ing in Wildlife Management Areas?

Hey deedee...I'm pretty sure most WMA's are controlled by the Dept.of Natural Resource's....try giving your local Mgmt. area a call,might need a permit but that could vary.Let me know!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: NO MD'ing in West Virginia Wildlife Management Areas

Imagine that.......I guess everything is supposed to lay there and decompose.. >:(

M

MiniMe

Weather you're in a State Park or not, it's hard to just take something from a state road. WV DNR and I no MD does the same, won't even let you pick up and move hit wildlife off the road. A few years back and I was 7 months pregnant, I was driving down the road and saw a fawn hit by a car and the driver was pulled over. I stopped and turned around....always wanted a to have a fawn mount. I asked the people if they were going to take the deer and they said no...I picked it up by all fours (with my preg belly sticking out and all; they probably thought I was crazy) and threw it in the trunk of my 4 door Ford Focus and went back home. From past experience of coming up on road killed deer I know you have to have a permit from DNR or local police to keep the deer so I called DNR and they told me to take the deer back to were I found it and let it lie, it's against the law to pick up a road kill.

I just don't understand the purpose of it. It makes no sense to me, why...man-made or natural object, material, substance, plant, animal or historical or archaeological relic or artifact can't be kept....what good is it going to be to anyone laying in or on the ground...

Rules.....they suck sometimes..... :)

clad

Greenie
Jun 12, 2007
cross lanes wv
Detector(s) used
whites mxt and bounty hunter 202

i was told to leave the volleyball court /picnic area of cathedral state park this summer.the area was tore up due to them redoing the restrooms.i didnt think it was illegal.

GatorsMoon

Feb 26, 2008
Mason County
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX SunRay DX1 Probe

If you possesed a legal WV State hunting and fishing license, would that give you the right to hunt a wildlife area? I take it that way. Hunting is hunting, whether it be deer,rabbit,bear,fish,coins or relics. Good hunting all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread