What's new

No Silver. What to do?

katzky

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I've been doing 20 boxes for the past couple of weeks. I've only pulled a small handful of silver. I was considering giving up an trying the road trip approach. I think, however, I'm feeling a bit of a masochistic and will up the ante to 40 boxes/ week.....

On an unrelated topic, I had a sleepless night recently where I was plagued by a disturbing dream... I can't remeber all the details but the gist of it is this: I have too many half dollar coins.
:help:
 
Upvote 0
I would cut back to 10 a week

Your dreams are a result of an obsession.

Mojo
 
How about you search other denominations? Pennies and nickels are always fun to search.
 
coinmojo said:
I would cut back to 10 a week

Your dreams are a result of an obsession.

Mojo

Or like my wife suggested, none a week.
 
Coins4Cheese said:
How about you search other denominations? Pennies and nickels are always fun to search.

I tried Pennies and nickels. Unfortunately, I keep getting 2009's.
My thing is really silver. Ive been a Ag addict for the past 10 years and need my fix. [Normally, I'd purchase from APMEX but Ive been funemployed for 9 months and I cant easily rationalize PM purchases. Also getting boxes has a lower expense cost vs. road trippin']
 
Listen to Mojo, He has been to the other side and back. No, I would not try 40 boxes I would drop my numbers way down for a while, maybe try a road trip and I would deffinately try hitting some boxes of dimes and nickels. There is silver in them nickels also. Dimes are fun too.

golden silver
 
If you have the money to buy 40 boxes of halves why not try an experiment and buy 40 boxes of quarters. No one buys boxes of quarters because they are too hard to find, but you may get lucky.
I'm tempted to try it myself, just one time. Odds are that out of 40 boxes you might get 10 keepers. Then again since nobody really searches these boxes you may get a roll.
Getting multi boxes of dimes and nickels is a sure thing.

HH

Rich
 
katzky said:
I've been doing 20 boxes for the past couple of weeks. I've only pulled a small handful of silver. I was considering giving up an trying the road trip approach. I think, however, I'm feeling a bit of a masochistic and will up the ante to 40 boxes/ week.....

On an unrelated topic, I had a sleepless night recently where I was plagued by a disturbing dream... I can't remeber all the details but the gist of it is this: I have too many half dollar coins.
:help:

Seems like that is the course for most now Silver is very thin, as for the Masochistc stuff am not into that but am sure there are some websites into that sorta thing- but I don't look up that sorta stuff myself.
 
move to a remote place that has never heard of CRHing -- and pray theres lots of halves still there . ;D --- o just keep searching taking whatever comes your way with grace and thanks -- a road trip could be nice too -- never forget to treat the wife nice --all CRHing and no wifey time --will leave you in hot water.
 
You have been getting 2009 nickles? I would trade some silver for those. They are selling big on ebay
 
Yeah if you've been getting 2009 coins then you are in the money. Especially the nickels. Even with the pennies you are still going to make at least $10 per box on ebay after all the fees. If the silver is dry then make some money with the 2009 coins.
 
coinmojo said:
I would cut back to 10 a week

Your dreams are a result of an obsession.

Mojo

Good advice.... It's just such a numbers game. Opening more boxes should result in more silver. Reality seems to suggest the opposite is true. I am actually dumping the clad in a different geographic (fed) area [Chicago].... I want to believe this will help.....
 
katzky said:
Coins4Cheese said:
How about you search other denominations? Pennies and nickels are always fun to search.

I tried Pennies and nickels. Unfortunately, I keep getting 2009's.
My thing is really silver. Ive been a Ag addict for the past 10 years and need my fix. [Normally, I'd purchase from APMEX but Ive been funemployed for 9 months and I cant easily rationalize PM purchases. Also getting boxes has a lower expense cost vs. road trippin']

If you get 2009's, then you should be happy! 2009 nickels ecpecially sell good on ebay, and you'll make a very nice profit off of them. But single 2009 pennies won't sell at all on ebay, they only sell good when they're in original boxes or rolls.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom