Nobody in to cars, or drag racing here ?

OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Built this one from a pile of sheet metal...

Mmm a 30/31, my favorite.. Always nice to see a Model A with a Model A grill, seems like everybody wants to stick a 32 grill in them.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 396, 4 speed Chevelle SS.. You think, those are bringing some money now a days.

Yeah I know.I think I tracked down the same /exact car for sale a couple years ago.Asking 80K :(

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lnow exactly how it is for life to get in the way of a build.. What youtube channel ? Oh, and yeah, let's see a picture of your truck.

Not much to look at...I'll see if I can find a pic in my computer of my truck, it's pieced together and a project, there are a couple pics in my "prospecting Journal"..... The youtube channel isn't working out as fast as he planned, it's a work in progress...I haven't been involved with it in the past year because of work..He'll get there, I did the beginning parts of the cars and he's been doing most of it himself lately. Doing pretty good for not really knowing anything about mechanics when he started a couple years ago, he also has some physical problems that makes it rough on him to work on things. He'll get there!! He definitely has the drive!!! He was having trouble in this vid..The engine builder put the cams in wrong...He figures it out in a later vid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know.I think I tracked down the same /exact car for sale a couple years ago.Asking 80K :(

Enough to make a man sick just thinking about it, but we can't tell the future unfortunately..

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I think tractors are a good first project. Little fords are better than four wheelers to me. Way cheaper to buy insure and easy to get running, cheap to operate, parts easy to find, slow paced, stable, you only need SMV for a license.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know how this one didn't kill me many times. This car was a bottomless money-pit. Every week every paycheck went into it. You name it..it broke :( 002.JPG
1968 427 ,4 speed roadster.Here w/a new paint job,and waiting for rear bumper to be re chromed .

OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to look at...I'll see if I can find a pic in my computer of my truck, it's pieced together and a project, there are a couple pics in my "prospecting Journal"..... The youtube channel isn't working out as fast as he planned, it's a work in progress...I haven't been involved with it in the past year because of work..He'll get there, I did the beginning parts of the cars and he's been doing most of it himself lately. Doing pretty good for not really knowing anything about mechanics when he started a couple years ago, he also has some physical problems that makes it rough on him to work on things. He'll get there!! He definitely has the drive!!! He was having trouble in this vid..The engine builder put the cams in wrong...He figures it out in a later vid.

Huracan ian, guess I'll have to free up some time to watch them.. I started a Youtube page last year, had my nephew helping me.. We were interviewing my friends and doing a piece on their cars, had a ton of people on the waiting list, I really think it could have been big, but he passed away not long after we started..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know how this one didn't kill me many times. This car was a bottomless money-pit. Every week every paycheck went into it. You name it..it broke :( View attachment 1906490
1968 427 ,4 speed roadster.Here w/a new paint job,and waiting for rear bumper to be re chromed .

Holy hell you reckon, a 427, 4 speed in that little light car.. Had to be a wild ride.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huracan ian, guess I'll have to free up some time to watch them.. I started a Youtube page last year, had my nephew helping me.. We were interviewing my friends and doing a piece on their cars, had a ton of people on the waiting list, I really think it could have been big, but he passed away not long after we started..

He has a couple bigger name guys helping him now, so his vids are improving compared to what they were. Sry to hear about your friend...That's rough stuff. I never did it because I didn't want to be on camera. I may be getting over that.... He lived states away when I was helping and it was really hard to plan things out and when I could be there. So< I never got involved with the channel other than working on his stuff in the beginning. Now, that I live within a couple miles of him, I may help him more if he wants it...He may not even want it at this point he's doing pretty good on his own figuring things out.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zip Strip and 40 hrs.... I can still smell that stuff,never doing that again :) 2010_1119Mttohuntdeer4th0001.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy hell you reckon, a 427, 4 speed in that little light car.. Had to be a wild ride.

Yeah,it was fast but the Cobra can run circle around it LOL:)

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold my 2-seater last year. It hurt but if you love something set it free.

Attachments

• A2CC1021-C11B-46A5-A484-94243EDBEAC0.jpeg
    A2CC1021-C11B-46A5-A484-94243EDBEAC0.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DC1E14FB-A533-456A-991A-513502612AAF.jpeg
    DC1E14FB-A533-456A-991A-513502612AAF.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 44
  • E13F060E-B10C-47A9-930C-70E2976000A9.jpeg
    E13F060E-B10C-47A9-930C-70E2976000A9.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Barber..

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the part I've always had with my cars, selling them..

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more of my "babies".... Owned this car for 15 years .THEY, Porsche , know how to build cars ! Put it in the Zone One PCA concourse de elegance car show one year.A weekend event with over 2,000 Porsche's of witch 200 were to be judged. Every car to be judged starts with 300 points & goes down from there....Five ( white gloved judges) spend 20 minutes per car.One under the car,one inside,one under the hood,one overall exterior,one in the trunk.....Out of 200 cars I took 3rd place :) Thats for Zone One PCA (the entire N.East) . Not too bad for my 1st and only event of this scale w/this car :) 008.JPG 006.JPG

And the prize. A Signed & numbered limited edition print 003.JPG 004.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread