What's new

NoHalves For Me

tnfishdaddy

Full Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
219
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper East Tennessee
Went to get my halves today and no luck. The girl that usually orders them for me went on vacation. :( I did get $50 in pennies and talked to another lady and she said she would make sure I got my halves next week. I also got her to start ordering pennies in bulk. I love my new Ryedale but I did run into a snag today. I went to my new dump bank with the free coin counter. I have about $200 to get rid of. I jump on the machine and a dollar later it jams. I go to get a teller and a little guyjumps on it. He doesn't seem to notice the 3 bags of pennies sitting on top. I tell him it is jammed and she is coming. She clears the jam and some of my coins drop into the reject bin. This is when little man starts to dump. I explain that I will let him go ahead since he doesn't have has much if he will let me get my rejects. He tries to explain that those were the banks and they forgot them. No, they weren't. He gets real defensive and I say screw it. 20 cents isn't worth arguing over. The machine turns out to be slow. He finally gets done putting his rejects in 7 times and calls it quits. By the time I walked out the door from start to finish, after all the jams and bag changes, it was 2 hours. There has got to be a quicker way.
 
Upvote 0
Sounds like a slow machine. I cashed in $150 or so in pennies the other day took about 10 minutes.
 
I've been bringing in about $100 owrth of pennies eevery day to the bank. For some reason this new bank LOVES me to return pennies. They have almost no customers yet, and hte bank is always empty. So I think they like that something is happening. They encourage me to bring coins. Kinda weird, but wonderful too.

ANyway, I bring about $100, becasue they have 4 bags dedicated to pennies. Each holds $50, so I fill two bags and normally start on a third. Then I levae, and at some point they change the two full bags.

The first time I brought about $200 of pennies, which was tough to carry! I filled all four bags, and they had to cange them right then and there. So now, they change them as they want, and they like that better. Besides, with work and family, I don't go through more than $100 of pennies a day, even on a good day. Yesterday I went through $0, so no pennies to return today. (But I worked a bunch over the weekend last week, so returned $100 MOnday through Thursday this week)

It takes me about 6 minutes to return $100 or so in pennies. And actually, it is closer to $84 in pennies really, since I keep about $16 of copper in a $100 run. So, my $100 figure is a misnomer. It runs FAST though, and they like it, so it is a good experience when I dump coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom