Nokta coils

smr1000

Aug 20, 2023
Northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 300
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the hobby. The more I learn, the more that I realize that I have far more to learn. I bought the Legend pro pack last summer with the LG30 and the LG15 coils.
Yesterday, I decided to try the LG15 for the first time. I went to a location where I've had some good luck. I found a lot of bullet casings (sigh...), but was surprised at how many I had seemingly missed previously-- at this point, I dig everything as I try to learn. I've seen a lot of YouTube videos comparing the different coils, and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, but still a lot of opposing opinions. Still, yesterday made me wonder if the smaller coil was good to use as a follow-up after hitting an area with the LG30. Or was this just a mixture of the randomness and luck that is part of the hobby.

I know that this is a really broad question, but I guess I'm wondering how people use different coils generally. Outside of small spaces and in heavy iron, is there a time where a smaller coil is best? Some people swear by something in between, such as the LG24. Others say that there is no huge difference. I like to hunt in the woods, so does the location determine the coil used, or does the coil determine the area to hunt.

I'm really grateful for all that I've learned on this site!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread