Non paying bidders are getting out of control.

So here's a "what do you do?" scenario for all of you- One of my brother's auctions for an nes game ended the other day. He stated in the auction that the buyer had 3 days to pay via Paypal, well 3 days came and went. Being right in the middle of the 4th of July(the 3rd day subsequently) he decided to give him/her a couple more days so he just sent another invoice on the 5th. Still nothing.... Yesterday he opened a non-payer case since it had been a week , and he had heard nothing so he offered this auction as a second chance to the next bidder in line. The second chance offer was snatched up quickly and paid for immediately, he was relieved. Well not more than 1 hour later he gets payment from the original buyer! What the Crap! So now he has sold the game twice! The original buyer is apologizing and says he/she still wants the game. The second buyer, who ended up buying 4 nes games that ended yesterday says he/she will not pay for those 4 unless this one is included! What does he do?

! What does he do?

Let the first buyer know they failed to pay in time with a couple of extra days. You will be refunding their money since there is no way you can sell the item since it has been sold to another bidder based on their none pay. Be right up front and nice about it.

Let the first buyer know they failed to pay in time with a couple of extra days. You will be refunding their money since there is no way you can sell the item since it has been sold to another bidder based on their none pay. Be right up front and nice about it.

Agreed, the auction said 3 days, and it meant 3 days. The first buyer didn't pay in time, so they lost it. A refund and a brief explanation is all that is necessary.

Also, thanks to everyone for the stories and advice, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who runs into this.

I've ran into that problem with buyers fishing for money back..Someone brought a box for a video game (no game included.just the box) they email me "um you forgot the game" :( I said in the title and in huge bold letters that there was 0 game lol.

I sold some culturelle for my mom and the lady that won it sends me an email saying "um this isn't the right one" (like I know) so i said send it back i'll refund you. She sends it back...its now all crushed couldn't sell it if i wanted to now

Update- So my brother did as you all had suggested and politely told the first buyer that he/she did not pay in time so the auction was going to the second chance buyer. Well the first buyer refused to accept the transaction cancellation and has now given him a negative feedback, his first ever and he's been a member since the mid 90's. Gotta love some people.

happened to me for the first time a few weeks ago. I was selling an "Easy E" used T-shirt. The guy had just made his account, had a very ghetto user name, no feedback, and was Estonian. I was suspicious, turns out I was right he never payed. Had to re-list, fortunately it sold again

Set up your ebay account to automatically start Non-paying bidder after 4 days. That is the minimum time. Sometimes you just have to babysit these things.

I get paid every other Tuesday, not this one though. I will pay you the following Tuesday. WTF,
What does payday have to do with it? my credit card bill and paypal account have nothing to do with my payday dates. the only way that would matter is if they mail you a check.

It is REALLY bad these days. EBay customer service threats also don't seem to help. It's like these ppl just don't care.

It has come down to listing all of my items as BIN with the pay immediately function. Sucks really bc I always loved watching the last 5min of an auction listing.

I'm going to look into setting up an etsy account since the fees are significantly lower there and they don't do auction style listings.

Does anyone know about Facebook auctions? Someone at work mentioned it to me the other day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back