What's new

North east storm

260sundancer

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
261
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sag harbor ny
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North east storm Possible kid cob find

Anyone with input coin , emblem ??? I found this at sagaponack ocean Long Island ny. Today after a north east storm
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    205.5 KB · Views: 184
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    193.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Is it silver? Great find. Did you find it along a shoreline? Looks to be in great shape.
 
It looks like a cob, however it may be a repro, the missing section in the second pic raises alarm bells
 
I may be way off. On my phone, its hard to tell...bolivia_8_reales_cob_1654.webp
 
Nice find whatever it may be congrats
 
Captain Kid is said to have sailed the Long Island waters.
Sooo,,, what beach?? lol
Congrats on a nice find
 
I hope it's legit.....if it's a repro look for a lip outside the rim which would be a sign of it being a modern caste piece.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
We lost about ten feet of beach from the storm this was six inches down by the water line
 
Looks pretty amazing to me... I sure hope its an old one!! :thumbsup:
 
Nice find8-) hope it's the real deal. I read somewhere recently that a lot of these were clipped so they had the right weight....Looks like yours was clipped.
 
That is freakin cool. I would love to live near an ocean you never know what shes going to spit out happy for you I doubt its fake. Geat job
 
Too bad you didn't give this thread a better title - like "Possible pirate treasure" or even just "Spanish cob". It hasn't attracted the attention that it deserves and some of the more knowledgeable members have overlooked it. I think that this looks like a genuine Spanish silver cob but with the oxidation its hard to be sure. You could give it a soak in lemon juice to see if it would remove some of the crud.
 
Can you weigh it?
 
Cool find, hope it's real; Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom