North Georgia Mountain Area

Ggodby01

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2021
Blairsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT E-Series
Hello everyone! I'm a new transplant to the North Georgia Mountain area around Blairsville, GA & in the past, had extensive searching opportunities while living in the Northern Virginia area...mostly civil war & revolutionary artifacts, which I prefer!
If anyone in the North Georgia area would like to team up and explore the areas around Chattanooga, Dalton, Ringold, Marietta areas (Relic Hunting), let me know! Would love to back swingin' again!
Cheers!
Gary

Whites MXT E-Series

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! :thumb_up: Seems I once looked through archives online of a museum around that N Georgia area. Most of what I'd looked through was mining history.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gary,
Name's Glenn and I live in Blairsville near Nottley Dam. Have been here for about 7 years and have been hunting the area (mostly the local parks). I have detected around a pre-civil war house and some 20's houses in Kingston through a contact that has family there. Haven't had much luck getting permissions around some of the sites here that I'd like to detect (older houses, properties with old chimneys, etc).
I did some civil war relic hunting in N.C. when I lived there, always fun and exciting to do.
I have been going to ask on the site for someone around the area to detect with, glad you chimed in. My son is more into magnet fishing but I'm a dirt digger.
Drop me a note.
Glenn

OP
OP
G

Ggodby01

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2021
Blairsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT E-Series
Hi Gary,
Name's Glenn and I live in Blairsville near Nottley Dam. Have been here for about 7 years and have been hunting the area (mostly the local parks). I have detected around a pre-civil war house and some 20's houses in Kingston through a contact that has family there. Haven't had much luck getting permissions around some of the sites here that I'd like to detect (older houses, properties with old chimneys, etc).
I did some civil war relic hunting in N.C. when I lived there, always fun and exciting to do.
I have been going to ask on the site for someone around the area to detect with, glad you chimed in. My son is more into magnet fishing but I'm a dirt digger.
Drop me a note.
Glenn
Glenn,
That's great to hear how close you are! I'm 1 mile north of the Nottley Dam area (Ivy Log).
I currently don't have much to show for around this area, since my research has been minimal. I'd definitely like to get together and poke around the area when your time permits. Been here around 8 years, mostly in the Blue Ridge, GA area. I really haven't warmed my Whites MXT since my Virginia days.
Old home sites can always be interesting. Let me know what you think!

My email: [email protected]

Cuda74

Jan 9, 2021
North Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec II, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn,
That's great to hear how close you are! I'm 1 mile north of the Nottley Dam area (Ivy Log).
I currently don't have much to show for around this area, since my research has been minimal. I'd definitely like to get together and poke around the area when your time permits. Been here around 8 years, mostly in the Blue Ridge, GA area. I really haven't warmed my Whites MXT since my Virginia days.
Old home sites can always be interesting. Let me know what you think!

My email: [email protected]
Hi Gary,
Will e-mail you shortly.
Glenn

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone! I'm a new transplant to the North Georgia Mountain area around Blairsville, GA & in the past, had extensive searching opportunities while living in the Northern Virginia area...mostly civil war & revolutionary artifacts, which I prefer!
If anyone in the North Georgia area would like to team up and explore the areas around Chattanooga, Dalton, Ringold, Marietta areas (Relic Hunting), let me know! Would love to back swingin' again!
Cheers!
Gary

Whites MXT E-Series
Welcome Gary!

dan16672

May 14, 2012
Cheers!
Gary

Whites MXT E-Series
I'm new to detecting. In Cherokee County. Always looking for folks to hunt with.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers!
Gary

Whites MXT E-Series
Gary welcome to Tnet. People with the first name of Gary cant be all bad LOL Welcome from Ohio
Gary

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers!
Gary

Whites MXT E-Series
Welcome. Chicamauga used to be my favorite digging ground. The elderly lady that owned the property has gone on to her reward so no idea who owns the property now. Anyway, great area that northern Georgia. Good luck.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, I know Loganville.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread