Not A Bad Day At All!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hung around the house this morning waiting for the Post Office to open at 9:00 o'clock so I could ship a package. I got there with a few minutes to spare and was only 5th in line waiting for them to unlock the door. This should only take a few minutes since I already have the shipping label printed and I'll be off metal detecting for the first time with my newly acquired Nokta Fors Relic metal detector.

No such luck. I was told that I'd have to remove all the shipping tape that was labeled 'Priority Mail' since I was not shipping Priority Mail. I had a ton of it on that big box, so I had to head back home and spend nearly a 20 minutes removing it and putting more tape back in its place.

I jumped back in my SUV and raced back to the post office only to find a long line at the post office. Those folks behind the counter don't ever get in a hurry. Finally after about 20 minutes I get back to counter and get my shipping confirmation receipt. Now I can go metal detecting.

I arrived at a site that I've detected before and as I was unloading my equipment I noticed a young beautiful curvaceous girl across the way raking leaves on a nice big corner lot. Lucky me, I love detecting corner lots! I raced over there to introduced myself and give my spill about what I do and how much that I enjoyed doing it. I ask her if she'd be so kind to let me detect her yard. She said sure have at it. I handed her a key chain light and told her it's for her being so nice. She really liked it.

As always I start a grid search pattern to make sure that I cover every inch of the site. She raked and I swung my detector on a beautiful warm sunshiny day. Finally I get a silver dime reading next to one of her leaf piles and popped a 1964 Rosie dime that was around 6 to 7 inches deep. I showed her the silver dime and in all the excitement I forgot to for some reason to take hole shot. Damn

Anyway, I messed around and found another Rosie dime at that same site and found another Rosie dime at the site that I've detected before that was across the street. First time out with the Fors Relic and get 3 silver coins ain't too bad. I'd call that a good day!

tabman

Attachments

• Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 001.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 001.JPG
    801.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 003.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 003.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 005.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 005.JPG
    766.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 006.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 006.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 012.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 012.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 009.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Rosie Dimes 009.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 10

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great day for you I can tell you detect smart those key chain lights are a good jesture and seem to work well congrats on the silver keep it up I'm sick of this frozen ground!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad people like you post your finds helps me stay busy!!!!! on the weekends

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another great day for you I can tell you detect smart those key chain lights are a good jesture and seem to work well congrats on the silver keep it up I'm sick of this frozen ground!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad people like you post your finds helps me stay busy!!!!! on the weekends
Thanks! Those key chain light sure are appreciated and I enjoy giving them out. They're not the little cheap made ones.

Nice job on the silver...
Thanks! Those little silver dimes are hard to find. Those big silver halves are easy to find if you can get your search coil over one.

Congrats on the silver another good day
Thanks! It was a gorgeous day.

tabman

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you see at just the right time... just think , if you weren't delayed at the post office , events would not have turned out as they did :icon_thumright:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, but ah.......Where is the photo of the "young beautiful curvaceous girl"?:dontknow:

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo.....you're just naturally drawn to "curvy" things?? :laughing7:
Another killer silver hunt, tabman!!

Top Member Reactions